Intel will begin producing its next-generation Penryn processors by the end of 2007, using greater power efficiency to push improved Core 2 and Xeon chips to speeds over 3GHz.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Thanks to requests by its customers, Dell is going to start offering Linux pre-installed on its PCs and notebooks, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard is adding new entry-level hardware to a product line aimed at buyers in emerging global markets as well as small-to-medium sized businesses.
Asustek Computer plans to launch a PC motherboard in April with an interface that will allow users to watch high definition (HD) movies on either the Blu-ray Disc or HD-DVD formats.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC), the world's largest contract chip maker, is offering companies a way to make chips that are faster, consume less power and cost less than is possible with 65-nanometer (nm) process technology.
Revenues from the sale of add-on video cards in the last three months of 2006 were down 15 per cent from the same quarter in 2005, as the delayed release of Windows Vista and ever-more-powerful integrated graphics processors took their toll on Nvidia...
IBM researchers have showed a prototype optical transceiver chipset which they claim will allow people to download movies or share online data eight times faster than current technology allows.
Scientists at IBM's Zurich Research Laboratory have developed a glue-application technique used to assemble chips that will keep them running cooler, the company said.
U.S. transportation officials last week warned travellers to take precautions when flying with battery-powered gear such as laptops and cell phones after two in-flight fires involving batteries were reported in the last six weeks.
A new low-level PC management standard is brewing, one that may eventually enable IT managers to remotely diagnose and fix malfunctioning machines -- even those that are turned off or unable to boot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- As more devices flood the market, security spending on Internet of Things heightens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW