Intel quad-core microprocessors that work at an energy-efficient 50 watts per processor will officially be on the market this week, according to the company.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Two former executives with Gateway, the US's third-largest PC vendor, are guilty of manipulating earnings and revenues to meet Wall Street expectations, according to a verdict delivered Wednesday by a federal jury in California.
Microsoft will soon submit a new photo format to an international standards organization that it says offers higher quality images with better compression, the company said on Thursday.
NEC has produced what it claims is the next generation of thin clients. And with it comes high expectations: it is hoping its newly launched product will help it more than double its revenues in Australia over the next three years.
Apple will likely profit nicely from the launch later this month of Adobe System's first design suite built from the ground up for Intel-based Macs, a financial analyst said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) continued to pull ahead of Dell in global PC sales during the fourth quarter of 2006, according to an industry report released Tuesday.
In a pilot marketing campaign called "It's Not Cheating" Microsoft is practically giving away its $1150 Office Ultimate 2007 suite to Australian uni students for just $75. That is, if its Windows Live OneCare phishing warnings don't scare away too ma...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will miss its revenue goal for the first quarter of 2007 because the chip maker grew so fast that it couldn't keep up with demand from its customers, company CEO Hector Ruiz said Monday.
Despite the turnaround Mark Hurd has engineered at Hewlett-Packard, the president, chairman and chief executive officer of the technology giant remains unsatisfied.
Facing a market glut of microprocessors and weak corporate demand for PCs running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, Intel hopes to stay profitable by producing new chip designs faster than its competitors, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCMicrosoft AX Support AnalystsQLD
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCWebpage DesignerACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD