NEC has produced what it claims is the next generation of thin clients. And with it comes high expectations: it is hoping its newly launched product will help it more than double its revenues in Australia over the next three years.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Apple will likely profit nicely from the launch later this month of Adobe System's first design suite built from the ground up for Intel-based Macs, a financial analyst said Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) continued to pull ahead of Dell in global PC sales during the fourth quarter of 2006, according to an industry report released Tuesday.
In a pilot marketing campaign called "It's Not Cheating" Microsoft is practically giving away its $1150 Office Ultimate 2007 suite to Australian uni students for just $75. That is, if its Windows Live OneCare phishing warnings don't scare away too ma...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will miss its revenue goal for the first quarter of 2007 because the chip maker grew so fast that it couldn't keep up with demand from its customers, company CEO Hector Ruiz said Monday.
Despite the turnaround Mark Hurd has engineered at Hewlett-Packard, the president, chairman and chief executive officer of the technology giant remains unsatisfied.
Facing a market glut of microprocessors and weak corporate demand for PCs running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, Intel hopes to stay profitable by producing new chip designs faster than its competitors, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Monday.
Japanese electronics company Sanyo Electric and computer vendor Lenovo Group are discussing how to pay for the recall of over 200,000 laptop PC batteries, but have agreed to share the burden.
Still gasping from the resignation of its chief executive in January and an ongoing investigation of its accounting practices, Dell reported fourth quarter profits of US$673 million, down sharply from the US$1 billion it reported for the same period ...
Users looking for the best possible display screen on a notebook PC might want to check out a new offering from Asustek Computer due out in early March.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW