Japanese electronics company Sanyo Electric and computer vendor Lenovo Group are discussing how to pay for the recall of over 200,000 laptop PC batteries, but have agreed to share the burden.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Still gasping from the resignation of its chief executive in January and an ongoing investigation of its accounting practices, Dell reported fourth quarter profits of US$673 million, down sharply from the US$1 billion it reported for the same period ...
Users looking for the best possible display screen on a notebook PC might want to check out a new offering from Asustek Computer due out in early March.
Months after joining other PC vendors in a massive recall of faulty notebook batteries, Lenovo Group has found a different problem with some models, and will recall 208,000 notebook batteries worldwide, the company said Thursday.
Two leading hardware vendors, Dell and Lenovo, are quietly selling laptops without preloaded Microsoft Windows to Linux customers who know where to look, says Lincoln Durey, CEO of EmperorLinux, an Atlanta reseller that customizes, installs and suppo...
AMD has announced the availability of its 690 chipset, the company's first integrated chipset for AMD processors that includes the ATI Radeon X1250 graphics processor.
The chairman of Acer, the world's fourth largest PC vendor, has forecast the company's PC shipments will grow by as much as 50 per cent year-on-year in the first quarter and 40 per cent for all of 2007.
If you're looking for a new Linux-equipped Dell laptop or desktop from the PC vendor, you may be waiting a while.
Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC), a system that Microsoft says makes the new operating system safer from attack, can be spoofed and shouldn't be completely trusted, a Symantec researcher said Thursday.
The new team of leaders at Dell is weighing a request to give customers the option to purchase PCs with the Linux OS, instead of the default Windows, after thousands of users voted for that idea on a company blog.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW