IBM sold off a chunk of its stake in Lenovo Group, leading the world's third-largest PC vendor to temporarily suspend trading of its shares in Hong Kong on Tuesday.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Lenovo Group has signed a five-year deal with IBM to provide services and support to its customers. The deal, outlined in a filing with the Hong Kong stock exchange Tuesday, could be worth up to US$245 million for IBM over the term of the contract.
Relief may be in sight for road warriors weary of lugging 8-pound laptops from city to city, while packing another 10 pounds' worth of batteries, cables and peripherals -- perhaps even a portable slide projector for making presentations.
Australia's Internet terra nullius is no more with today's official launch of Google Maps Australia, an online mapping service that provides topographical satellite images, driving directions and business listings.
U.S. government regulators will require Rambus to license its DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips to other vendors, and will cap the royalty fees Rambus can charge to both current and future DRAM manufacturers, according to an announcement Monday by the U.S. Fe...
Stock in Dell was rising Monday on news that founder Michael Dell plans to remain as CEO for several years, trim the number of managers reporting directly to him and eliminate bonuses.
A startup chip company is introducing a power-efficient processor it has been developing for three years, just as the market clamors for energy efficiency.
The world's largest contract laptop computer maker shipped over 2 million notebook computers in the month of January, an all-time high for a single month, due to strong orders ahead of the launch of Microsoft Windows Vista, the company's president sa...
Samsung Electronics Co. held onto its title as the world's largest producer of DRAM (dynamic RAM) memory chips in 2006 despite a late charge by Hynix Semiconductor, according to a study released Thursday.
Lenovo Group Thursday reported a jump in third-quarter profits, even as its turnover during the period remained flat compared to one year ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW