Following through on a policy change announced in 2012, IBM has started restricting availability of hardware patches to paying customers, spurring at least one advocacy group to accuse the company of anticompetitive practices.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Hewlett-Packard reassigned Enterprise Group chief Dave Donatelli on Wednesday as it reported an 8 percent decline in revenue for its fiscal third quarter, saying all of its major divisions except software brought in less money than a year earlier.
These legendary clunkers made Patch Tuesday a living hell for Windows users the world over
Samsung Electronics faces the possibility of U.S. import bans on some of its smartphones in two separate cases brought by Apple, with major steps happening Friday.
Mere days after Microsoft was forced to slash the price of the Surface RT in an attempt to move more of the moribund tablets, Windows RT has received yet another no-confidence vote: Asus plans to pull back from the mobile-focused platform.
If it wasn't already apparent, next-generation Windows RT tablets are not getting support from any tablet maker other than Microsoft itself.
Cray is building a supercomputer for the University of Edinburgh in Scotland that will deliver petaflops of performance, which could put it on a future list of top supercomputers.
Advanced Micro Devices hopes to turn around its financial struggles in the third quarter, saying it will record significant revenue growth and return to profit after reporting a loss and drop in revenue during the second quarter.
A rebound for IBM failed to materialise in the second quarter, as profit and sales declined along with a slump in revenue from hardware and services.
Weakness in the global economy, component shortages, sluggish demand for Windows 8 and the popularity of tablets all contributed to another double-digit percentage decline for the global PC market in the second quarter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- As more devices flood the market, security spending on Internet of Things heightens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia