It's finally here. A new 3D printing outfit in New York called BotObjects say that it's come up with the first full-color desktop 3D printer. Unlike other consumer-grade 3D printers, the ProDesk3D does not print in just one or two different colored p...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Research firm NPD DisplaySearch expects tablet shipments to exceed laptop shipments by 2016, likely due to consumer desire for more portability.
HP CEO Meg Whitman expects Apple to take over as the world's number one PC maker in 2012 but thinks her own company will bounce back in 2013.
The table below shows performance results for all the laptops that we have tested in 2011. The latest reviews are listed at the top of the table and we'll be adding all of the notebooks and netbooks that we test throughout the year.
The initial reviews of HP's TouchPad tablet are in and they paint a somewhat confusing picture.
Despite its inevitable comparisons to the popular Apple iPad, Cisco's Cius is viewed more as another entry point into Cisco's collaboration ecosystem and less as the company's entry into tablet computing.
HP straddles two worlds: enterprise systems and consumer electronics. Its new TouchPad tablet is intended to satisfy the needs of both. But you'll have to look harder and wait longer to see HP's unfolding enterprise plan for TouchPad.
The new Sony VAIO Z is perhaps the ultimate corporate tool. It's impossibly thin and light, yet it packs a Second Generation Core i7 CPU, 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM and dual, 256GB SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration. Boot up time is around 15 seconds and running ...
Could you print counterfeit money, certificates, or other official documents on a color laser or LED printer? Some current printer models are indeed capable of creating reasonable facsimiles. The authorities, however, have already taken steps to thwa...
Windows 8 is on its way, and it'll be a departure from the Windows we know and love today. That was the message Microsoft sent Wednesday afternoon at the annual D: All Things Digital Conference, taking place near Los Angeles.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCSitecore .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTData Integration or Big Data Specialist (Sales) - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCWintel Server SupportACT