Yesterday Toshiba unveiled its new line-up of consumer and business notebooks, with an ultramobile prototype stealing the show.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
We all know that the Eee PC 901 is better than its predecessor, but what makes it tick? We peeled the top layer off our test unit to take a look inside.
Intel released its latest-generation Centrino platform yesterday -- Centrino 2, which is also known by its codename 'Montevina'. There is a big push for high-definition content with the new platform, which Intel says will decode Blu-ray movies better than the Santa Rosa platform (the previous-generation Centrino platform) and also last longer while not plugged in to an outlet. Nearly all notebook vendors were present at the launch today, but Dell and Apple were conspicuously absent.
Before the Eee PC 901 hits Aussie shores, we go under the hood of the original Eee PC to find out what makes it tick.
IBM, Los Alamos smash petaflop barrier.
For those who were wondering whether Microsoft's Surface tabletop touch-sensitive computers were going to be anything more than retail sales tools, here's an update: The Surface is making its debut as a bar coffee table in Las Vegas on 11 June.
From kid geek to the world's next great philanthropist?
The hottest news emerging from the Computex show in Taipei, Taiwan, is the looming ultraportable war and the battle of the processors.
A preview of what gizmos won't be appearing in future editions of tech magazine columns.
Don't let hooligans handle your hardware. Here are eight ways to keep your notebook from being pinched -- or to get it back if it is stolen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT