In a world where cloud computing is perceived as the be-all and end-all of the technology and IT landscape, the mainframe has been labelled as antiquated and irrelevant. But this actually couldn’t be further from the truth.
PC World Business
Business, finance, law and the health care industry has been quick to see the many advantages associated with maintaining a virtual data room. Government offices and non-profit organizations have also begun to employ these virtual data rooms. Much li...
Microsoft buying LinkedIn makes good sense — for Microsoft. I’m not so sure about LinkedIn users.
For most businesses, data is exploding at a rapid rate. According to IDC, by the year 2020, about 1.7 megabytes of new information will be created every second for every person on the planet.
Digital transformation is now a must, not an option. Businesses that don’t embark on the journey, and fast, will be left behind. One of the key differentiators between those who succeed at digital transformation, and those who simply come along for t...
As a direct impact of the mobile web, we have a tremendous rise in online sales. The fact that a shopper can browse goods while using public transport, on a brake or in other similar, everyday situations is also a major factor. This is why Ecommerce ...
A recent survey of Australian workers found 73 per cent believe their office is slow to adopt the latest technologies. While there are countless reasons for why this could be, I find that a hesitance to adjust to changing customer and employee expect...
For decades, the owned data centre was the foundation of business IT. In the early years of the cloud, companies began to extend their IT infrastructure beyond this clearly-defined perimeter, but by and large, the on premise data centre was still at ...
In the lead up to occasions like Mother’s Day, customers are online searching for ideal gifts and offers for getaways or dining experiences. This is a great opportunity to drive sales and delight your customers with memorable service.
Even a mega-philanthropist can look craven when lusting after the world’s largest market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia