It's not just the banks and automobile industry that need to tighten strings; geeks can do their own bit to ensure they stay afloat in troubled waters.
PC World Business
Tech is overflowing with creative and hypermotivated people who do a lot of pretty incredible things. But they can be counted on to do some pretty silly things, too--which is lucky for us, since high-profile pratfalls are part of what makes this indu...
Why is Sony bothering with entertainment when it could be using flash drives to dramatically improve laptop data security?
Rumors are floating around the Web this week about a possible new search engine in the works by Apple.
Now that the election is finally over, all that's left are about a zillion new government appointments. But I know the denizens of Cringeville are particularly interested in one post above all: who the new administration will call to serve as the nat...
We've just elected a new president. Barack Obama starts a four-year term starting January 20. There's no way to know how America and the world will change during this time. But we can see how mobile technology will change.
Much like the political advertisements that have finally stopped invading our homes, the constant argument over whether Vista is good or bad is over. Is that because a final determination has been reached? Hardly. It’s because the Microsoft lovers ha...
Dear President Obama:
Subnotebooks like the Asus Eee PC, the Dell Mini 9 and the HP 2133 Mini-note will soon cost as little as US$99. The catch? You'll need to commit to a two-year mobile broadband contract. The low cost will come courtesy of a subsidy identical to the on...
With the first public alpha release of Windows 7 due Monday at the Microsoft PDC2008 conference, the outline of the new operating system is taking shape. What you won't see when that alpha comes out is the way that Microsoft will try to use Windows 7...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW