Here's a travel advisory: The next time you find yourself in a foreign city at night with nothing to do, take my advice: rent a movie in your hotel room. Don't go to discos. And if you do go out, don't bring a smart phone with you.
PC World Business
I have no excuses - I should have known better than to let my gadget envy get the better of me. But, with all the new way cool features added to the iPhone 3G and the fact that my existing AT&T plan allowed me to upgrade at US$199, I decided to join...
There has been a lot of speculation devoted to the impending release of information about a DNS vulnerability discovered and initially announced by Dan Kaminsky almost two weeks ago. A lot of the coverage has been back and forth arguing about whethe...
You knew the argument had to come up sometime: survive the economic down turn by using open source to help you save money. Now Computer World's Steve J. Vaughan-Nichols makes that claim in Linux Will Save Us'.
In case you haven't noticed, the economy is collapsing.
Is the iPhone 3G worth waiting in line for? Early reviewers of Apple's new smart phone are mostly positive, but they share some common gripes about battery life and two aspects of dealing with AT&T: the service-plan costs and the skimpy 3G coverage a...
The promise of rapid time-to-market combined with lower total cost of ownership continues to drive the adoption of software-as-a-service (SaaS) among small and mid-sized businesses. This on-demand or hosted application model delivers significant bene...
I'm developing mobile applications -- for the iPhone. Considering all of the mobile platforms available to programmers, why would I select the development platform for the Apple device when I could have chosen Symbian, BlackBerry, or Android?
What really matters is not Gates, nor Microsoft, but the unethical system of restrictions that Microsoft, like many other software companies, imposes on its customers.
Many Lotus Notes users are concerned with how to manage their employees' growing Notes mail files and the associated impact on storage, servers and database performance. This article looks at the key requirements for archiving and how the functionali...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSharePoint Web DeveloperACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA