Have you ever tried to get an older person to use Facebook?
PC World Business
I recently had an experience that epitomizes everything that's wrong with Microsoft and why it is rapidly being tossed into the Recycling Bin of history.
Quit Facebook Day may have flopped when it comes to creating a mass exodus of Facebook users, but those who care about privacy owe a debt of gratitude to the failed movement.
Everybody loves Gmail, right? Wrong. My friend Shelly is so fed up with its "threaded" conversation view, he's ready to jump ship for Hotmail, Yahoo, or another service.
Thanks for bringing mobility to the masses, but the future belongs to the iPhone. There are many reasons for this but perhaps the most compelling is, at the heart of Canadian company Research in Motion's (RIM) culture lies an antiquated mobile techno...
Microsoft held its official launch event this morning for Office 2010--the latest release of its <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/196169/microsoft_office_2010_rocks_desktop_fizzles_online.html">dominant office productivity suite</a>. Some of t...
It appears that yet another Apple iPhone prototype has gone on a walkabout -- and this time not merely to a beer garden in Redwood City, but all the way to the South Pacific.
Apple's iPad will be available on April 3 and reports suggest that the product is off to a good start, with hundreds and thousands being ordered from Apple's Web site. But the device has faced some criticism for lacking features such as a video camer...
Data center managers and equipment vendors looking for greener alternatives will begin to benefit this year from a major initiative aimed at reducing the power consumed by Ethernet equipment. IEEE 802.3az, or the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) stand...
Google prides itself on releasing products early and improving on them quickly, but this philosophy sometimes does a disservice to the company and to its users, as illustrated by this week's ballyhooed release of Buzz in Gmail.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTOperations SupportNSW