LG re-entered the PC space in Australia last year, offering an Ultrabook and a hybrid model. This year, the company is offering an ultraportable laptop called, funnily enough, the UltraPC (Model 13Z940). It’s a 13.3in unit with fourth generation Inte...
PC World Business
The Lenovo ThinkPad X240 Ultrabook is what we like to call the miniature version of the ThinkPad T440s. It's very much a similar product in terms of design and features, but in a smaller, 12.5in form factor that's more portable and easier to carry ar...
Toshiba's little 8in Encore tablet is perhaps the best alternative there is to an iPad or Android device -- especially if you've never really used a tablet before and if you're coming from a Windows background. It's a is a standard Windows 8.1 comput...
WD's My Cloud EX4 is a 4-bay, network attached storage (NAS) device that's aimed at those of you who work in a small office or home office environment, and, specifically, at those of you who might not have otherwise considered getting a NAS device. Y...
Brother's MFC-J6920DW is an A3 multifunction centre (MFC) that's designed for those of you who won't always be printing from a computer, but also from mobile devices. It's an inkjet-based device aimed at businesses, and it a has a long list of featur...
If you've ever seen the inside of a police car, you may have noticed a thick-looking notebook or tablet device mounted near the central console (don't go getting yourself arrested if you haven't). Most of the time, that device is a Panasonic Tough pr...
There was lots of excitement in the office when we finally got our hands on the Lenovo ThinkPad T440s, mainly because of the ground-up redesign that Lenovo performed on this 14in business laptop. Does the new design make the ThinkPad T440s a killer U...
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
This four-bay ‘personal cloud storage system’ aims to combine consumer-level ease of use with power-user functionality. The My Cloud EX4 is targeted at power-users and the SOHO/SMB market.
The Split 13 x2 combines a fairly lightweight 13-inch tablet with a keyboard, battery and storage dock. It’s a strong concept, though aspects of HP’s execution aren’t as solid as they could be.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD