San Francisco’s Muni transit system was reportedly hit by ransomware since Friday, leading to the message “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted” being displayed on the computer screens at stations, according to newspaper reports.
A report by the internet advisory group BITAG on Tuesday identified common security problems in home IoT products and recommended steps vendors should take from now on.
Researchers have devised a new malware attack against industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that takes advantage of architectural shortcomings in microprocessors and bypasses current detection mechanisms.
Google and Microsoft are butting heads over the disclosure of vulnerabilities. On Monday, Google revealed a critical flaw in Windows after it gave Microsoft a ten-day window to warn the public about it.
A U.S. banking regulator says an employee downloaded a large amount of data from its computer system a week before he retired and is now unable to locate the thumb drives he stored it on.
The DDoS attack launched Friday against Dyn should serve as a "wake-up call about security issues across IoT," said one cybersecurity expert.
While many of the recent breaches like LinkedIn and Twitter have focused on the impact on consumers, rather than businesses, it doesn’t mean that companies can’t be the target, whether large or small. The reality: any data is valuable on the black market, and hackers are just itching to get their hands on yours. As a CEO, owner, or IT Manager at a company, you have a lot more at stake than just one consumer – so are you doing everything you can to protect the company from an attack?
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW