The more money that companies spend on securing their IT operations from external attack, the more it seems they become aware that the potential threat posed by their own employees remains their most significant risk.
High-tech consumer products and services of all kinds are making their way into the workplace. They include everything from smart phones, voice-over-IP systems and flash memory sticks to virtual online worlds. And as people grow more accustomed to ha...
As young adults who grew up on e-mail and online chat enter the workforce, they bring with them a set of newer technologies designed for rapid-fire communication and workplace personalization. Much of this technology may represent better, faster ways...
The last thing you need when you're unemployed is a bank account that's suddenly emptied. But that's exactly what some unwary users of US employment search site Monster.com faced after identity thieves made off with the personal information of more t...
Symantec recently posted details about a new version of MPack, a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/mpack_getting_more_dangerous.html">for-sale Web attack kit</a> that loads up a site with exploits against W...
Here are some more tips and practical suggestions for improving the security of shopping online, from former graduate student Steven Zeligman:
Mitigating network-borne threats has been an imperative to companies of all sizes and statures. As if malware and viral infestation weren't enough, today's corporations must contend with even bigger bugs, including regulatory compliance, information ...
When the Estonian government was hit with major, sustained denial-of-service attacks this spring, the headlines screamed that it was the first incident of modern cyber warfare.
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
A child with a chocolate-smeared shirt says, "I didn't do it." The phone rings, and Mum assures you, "There's nothing to worry about." A systems administrator carrying a box of tapes says, "We'll have everything back up in a few minutes." Sometimes t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD