The more money that companies spend on securing their IT operations from external attack, the more it seems they become aware that the potential threat posed by their own employees remains their most significant risk.
High-tech consumer products and services of all kinds are making their way into the workplace. They include everything from smart phones, voice-over-IP systems and flash memory sticks to virtual online worlds. And as people grow more accustomed to ha...
As young adults who grew up on e-mail and online chat enter the workforce, they bring with them a set of newer technologies designed for rapid-fire communication and workplace personalization. Much of this technology may represent better, faster ways...
The last thing you need when you're unemployed is a bank account that's suddenly emptied. But that's exactly what some unwary users of US employment search site Monster.com faced after identity thieves made off with the personal information of more t...
Symantec recently posted details about a new version of MPack, a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/security_response/weblog/2007/08/mpack_getting_more_dangerous.html">for-sale Web attack kit</a> that loads up a site with exploits against W...
Here are some more tips and practical suggestions for improving the security of shopping online, from former graduate student Steven Zeligman:
Mitigating network-borne threats has been an imperative to companies of all sizes and statures. As if malware and viral infestation weren't enough, today's corporations must contend with even bigger bugs, including regulatory compliance, information ...
When the Estonian government was hit with major, sustained denial-of-service attacks this spring, the headlines screamed that it was the first incident of modern cyber warfare.
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
A child with a chocolate-smeared shirt says, "I didn't do it." The phone rings, and Mum assures you, "There's nothing to worry about." A systems administrator carrying a box of tapes says, "We'll have everything back up in a few minutes." Sometimes t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW