Is that summer downpour flooding your basement? Did Rover get into the garbage again? Is your 50-inch flat-panel TV still in place? Find out from anywhere by using your PC to create an affordable home surveillance system that you can access over the ...
Remember when thumb sucking was considered an innocent activity, except that if you did it as a young child you might need braces as a teen? Today you'd need a lot more than a mouthful of metal to protect from thumb sucking.
The Truste group's goal of creating an online ecosystem through which software makers are held accountable for the functions of their programs and end users are given the power to keep unwanted applications off their devices won't be achieved easily,...
As if FBI special agent Tim O'Brien and his cybercrime fighting comrades don't already have their hands full with bot herders, virus writers and other loosely-aligned crooks, now people are wondering when more traditional organized crime will grab a ...
Think malware will fade away with Vista? Sorry. There's about as much chance of the thriving throngs of online criminals packing up shop as there is of Microsoft doing the same.
When it comes to choosing an e-mail client... well, there really aren't that many popular options. Corporate e-mail users tend to have their client dictated to them by IT, which usually means Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes. For personal use, many p...
If information security were a colour, it most definitely would be gray. Like life in general, information security is rarely black and white. As an information security consultant, most questions asked of me and my colleagues are answered in the sam...
Late at night, a system administrator performed a routine check of a crashed server, one of 48 systems comprising a major online infrastructure that generated about US$4 million per month in revenue. He was a bit surprised that the system had gone do...
The Windows animation bug (ANI) caused widespread concern because exploits against it became widely available before Microsoft could release a patch. But like other zero-day threats before it, there are measures companies can take to at least try to ...
A pair of Harvard University IT staffers last week released a free virtual appliance that supports their open source network access controlÂ platform -- just one of many free NAC tools springing up to address security-hungry customers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTTest ManagerACT