San Francisco’s Muni transit system was reportedly hit by ransomware since Friday, leading to the message “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted” being displayed on the computer screens at stations, according to newspaper reports.
A report by the internet advisory group BITAG on Tuesday identified common security problems in home IoT products and recommended steps vendors should take from now on.
Researchers have devised a new malware attack against industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that takes advantage of architectural shortcomings in microprocessors and bypasses current detection mechanisms.
Google and Microsoft are butting heads over the disclosure of vulnerabilities. On Monday, Google revealed a critical flaw in Windows after it gave Microsoft a ten-day window to warn the public about it.
A U.S. banking regulator says an employee downloaded a large amount of data from its computer system a week before he retired and is now unable to locate the thumb drives he stored it on.
The DDoS attack launched Friday against Dyn should serve as a "wake-up call about security issues across IoT," said one cybersecurity expert.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild speaks with Michael Bruemmer, vice president at Experian Data Breach Resolution, about a recent survey that said companies are unprepared to stop employee-caused data brea...
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- CCProject Finance Analyst (Contract)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerSA
- FTService Lifecycle Management Contract AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC