San Francisco’s Muni transit system was reportedly hit by ransomware since Friday, leading to the message “You Hacked, ALL Data Encrypted” being displayed on the computer screens at stations, according to newspaper reports.
A report by the internet advisory group BITAG on Tuesday identified common security problems in home IoT products and recommended steps vendors should take from now on.
Researchers have devised a new malware attack against industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that takes advantage of architectural shortcomings in microprocessors and bypasses current detection mechanisms.
Google and Microsoft are butting heads over the disclosure of vulnerabilities. On Monday, Google revealed a critical flaw in Windows after it gave Microsoft a ten-day window to warn the public about it.
A U.S. banking regulator says an employee downloaded a large amount of data from its computer system a week before he retired and is now unable to locate the thumb drives he stored it on.
The DDoS attack launched Friday against Dyn should serve as a "wake-up call about security issues across IoT," said one cybersecurity expert.
In the latest episode of Security Sessions, CSO Editor-in-Chief Joan Goodchild speaks with Michael Bruemmer, vice president at Experian Data Breach Resolution, about a recent survey that said companies are unprepared to stop employee-caused data brea...
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A U.K. judge has ruled in favor of extraditing a British man to the U.S. for hacking government computers, despite fears he may commit suicide.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWorkbrain Functional ExpertNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware TestersACT
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCGIS ConsultantACT
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA