The U.S. Congress should look to provide incentives for private businesses to adopt stronger cybersecurity practices instead of creating new mandates, one information security expert told a congressional subcommittee Friday.
The former IT director for a nonprofit organ and tissue donation center pleaded guilty to a charge that she broke into the organization's computer network and deleted organ donation database records, invoice files, and database and accounting softwar...
The CEO of a Seattle-area consulting company was sentenced to three months of home confinement Thursday for destroying a client's Web site following a contract dispute.
Facebook users were hit Wednesday with a phishing attack that tried to steal names and passwords from users of the popular social network.
Adobe Systems Inc. Tuesday acknowledged that all versions of its popular PDF software, including editions for Windows, the Mac and Linux, contain at least one, and possibly two, critical vulnerabilities.
Writing in the latest issue of Virus Bulletin (registration required), two Symantec researchers report what they believe is the first evidence of a major botnet consisting of compromised Macs.
Researchers are developing a software program that will correlate stock price movements with news story headlines as a way to detect insider trading.
McAfee has launched a new Web site designed to help cybercrime victims recover from hacker attacks.
A study from security vendor Qualys has found that companies are patching just a hair faster than they were five years ago.
Adobe Systems Inc. Tuesday confirmed that it's investigating reports that its popular PDF viewing software, Adobe Reader, contains a critical vulnerability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo expands product recall for ThinkPad laptop batteries
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Lenovo’s WRITEit app to supply more handwriting support for Windows devices
- For Microsoft, hardware and OS consistency key in Surface 3
- HP LaserJets use a new type of toner particle that can improve energy efficiency and print speed
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.