Researchers from the University of California gained control over a well-known and powerful network of hacked computers for 10 days, gaining insight into how it steals personal and financial data.
Two Missouri men who made over US$4 million pitching and selling everything from electronics to teeth whiteners to students in more than 2000 colleges and universities have been indicted by a federal grand jury on a variety of e-mail spamming and rel...
LexisNexis acknowledged Friday that criminals used its information retrieval service for more than three years to gather data that was used to commit credit card fraud.
The U.S. Congress should look to provide incentives for private businesses to adopt stronger cybersecurity practices instead of creating new mandates, one information security expert told a congressional subcommittee Friday.
The former IT director for a nonprofit organ and tissue donation center pleaded guilty to a charge that she broke into the organization's computer network and deleted organ donation database records, invoice files, and database and accounting softwar...
The CEO of a Seattle-area consulting company was sentenced to three months of home confinement Thursday for destroying a client's Web site following a contract dispute.
Facebook users were hit Wednesday with a phishing attack that tried to steal names and passwords from users of the popular social network.
Adobe Systems Inc. Tuesday acknowledged that all versions of its popular PDF software, including editions for Windows, the Mac and Linux, contain at least one, and possibly two, critical vulnerabilities.
Writing in the latest issue of Virus Bulletin (registration required), two Symantec researchers report what they believe is the first evidence of a major botnet consisting of compromised Macs.
Researchers are developing a software program that will correlate stock price movements with news story headlines as a way to detect insider trading.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- Telstra commits $50 million to cut mobile outages
- Do Apple’s financial results mark the end of the golden smartphone era?
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- As more devices flood the market, security spending on Internet of Things heightens
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia