U.S. President Barack Obama's administration and Congress will have to address major civil liberties and transparency concerns as they create new policies to tackle ongoing cybersecurity vulnerabilties in the government and private industry, a digita...
Thousands of Web sites have been rigged to deliver a powerful piece of malicious software that many security products may be unprepared to handle.
The global energy bill required to transmit, process and filter spam e-mail in 2008 totaled some 33 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh), according to a new report commissioned by security software vendor McAfee and carried out by ICF International.
Security experts say that the Conficker worm has infected an awful lot of computers, making it the largest "botnet" of hacked computers on the planet. The thing they can't seem to agree on, however, is exactly how many people have been hit.
Microsoft Corp. Tuesday issued eight security updates that patch 23 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Excel and other parts of its software portfolio, a collection of fixes one researcher called "insane."<br/>
You might already know that it's easy for the bad guys to buy malware kits and ready-made digital nasties on black market Web sites. But some tools are even easier to pick up, such as a blatant IM password stealer available on a major download site....
Although the media blitz about the Conficker worm prompted a significant number of enterprise users to finally fix a six-month-old Windows bug, about 1 in 5 business computers still lack the patch, a security company said Monday.
Another worm attack early Monday on Twitter kept the micro-blogging Web service chasing down infected accounts and deleting rogue tweets.
Foreign investors in Internet companies pose a potential threat to national security, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned members of the United Russia political party at a meeting on Wednesday.
Trend Micro Monday expanded its software-as-a service strategy to reach a wider range of business customers while taking steps to keep its reseller channel in the fold.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC