A feature that allows Android users to authenticate themselves on Google websites without having to enter their account password can be abused by rogue apps to give attackers access to Google accounts, a security researcher has revealed.
Two security researchers at Defcon on Friday revealed the methods they used to hack into car computers and take over the steering, acceleration, brakes and other important functions.
The large majority of people working in IT procurement are "significantly dissatisfied" with the way SaaS (software as a service) vendors define contract language related to security, a feeling likely to persist through 2015, according to a Gartner r...
A steady stream of questionable applications is flowing daily into Google's Play store for Android devices, according to security vendor Symantec.
Malware writers are increasingly considering the Tor anonymity network as an option for hiding the real location of their command-and-control (C&C) servers, according to researchers from security firm ESET.
An increasing number of Android phones are infected with mobile malware programs that are able to turn the handsets into spying devices, according to a report from Kindsight Security Labs, a subsidiary of telecommunications equipment vendor Alcatel-L...
Cisco is set to expand its security software portfolio with the acquisition of Sourcefire in a deal worth US$2.7 billion.
Microsoft helped the U.S. National Security Agency circumvent the company's own encryption in order to conduct surveillance on email accounts through Outlook.com, according to a new report in the Guardian.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
A security flaw could affect 99 percent of Android devices, a researcher claims, but the reality is that most Android users have very little to worry about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA