More than 2,000 unique Web sites have been rigged to exploit the animated cursor security flaw in Microsoft's software, according to security vendor Websense.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled the second stage of its April security updates by releasing five security bulletins that patched eight vulnerabilities -- including one that was missed during the company's Windows Vista beta testing and ended up in the fin...
Microsoft Monday promised that within four weeks it will expand instant messaging on its Xbox 360 game console so that players can chat with others running Windows Live Messenger on their PCs and mobile phones.
Mozilla on Friday posted release candidate code for the newest version of its e-mail client, Thunderbird 2.0, which emphasizes message organization and support for Windows Vista.
Microsoft has acknowledged several new problems with the emergency patch it released last week to quash the Windows animated cursor file (ANI) bug and has updated a hotfix that it's telling some Windows XP SP2 users to download and install.
A weekend spam run tried to dupe recipients into downloading the infamous "Storm Trojan" by attaching files that posed as videos of a bogus missile strike by the U.S. against Iran, antivirus vendors said Monday.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
A security researcher at Juniper Networks plans to demonstrate a new class of attack that can be used to compromise electronic devices like routers or mobile phones.
Sourcefire, the security firm that oversees the open source intrusion-detection system software, Snort, is making available another open source tool for network traffic logging.
Microsoft moved to fix the critical .ANI vulnerability that affects roughly a dozen of its most popular products, including Vista, but spammers and malware brokers are already tapping into the flaw to infect unprotected machines.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD