With attackers finding more ways to exploit a critical flaw in its Windows operating system, Microsoft has published an emergency software patch.
When a major vulnerability affecting every flavor of Windows -- including Vista -- breaks, it only seems like chaos ensues. Okay, so it is chaos. Witness the so-far short-lived flaw in Windows' animated cursors (ANI), which picked up enough steam ove...
Microsoft will patch the increasingly dangerous Windows animated cursor vulnerability tomorrow, a week early, a spokesman of the company's security team said Sunday.
Software that could be used to turn a Web browser into an unwitting hacker's tool has been posted to the Internet, after it was downloaded by a quick-thinking attendee at last month's Shmoocon hacker conference.
The Windows zero-day bug now being used by attackers is extremely dangerous, security researchers said Friday, and ranks with the Windows Metafile vulnerability of more than a year ago on the potential damage meter.
The accused mastermind behind the Panda Burning Incense worm has not done a very good job of making amends, according to security vendor Symantec.
Microsoft confirmed Thursday that Windows, including Vista, contains a critical unpatched vulnerability that can be used by attackers to usurp PCs when users surf to malicious sites.
While the vast majority of networks today are based on the IPv4 protocol, the U.S. government is mandating that defence and civilian agencies are ready to accept IPv6-based traffic as well by June 2008. Those guiding the effort know the transition wo...
Hackers have built their own encrypted IM (instant-message) program to shield themselves from law enforcement trying to spy on their communication channels.
Google is having problems keeping its uptime pledge to some paying customers of its Google Apps suite of hosted services, throwing into question the company's ability to offer guaranteed levels of application reliability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT