Postini on Monday announced new features for its hosted messaging security and compliance services that add investigation management, encryption features, and better protection against Internet threats.
IBM's Internet Security System division has announced an intrusion-prevention system, the GX 3002, designed primarily to guard against attacks against small branch offices or machines, such as bank ATMs or kiosks.
The owner of a blog dedicated to software patches has posted online more than 100 fixes he said are expected to be included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft's first major update to its latest Windows client operating system.
With attackers finding more ways to exploit a critical flaw in its Windows operating system, Microsoft has published an emergency software patch.
When a major vulnerability affecting every flavor of Windows -- including Vista -- breaks, it only seems like chaos ensues. Okay, so it is chaos. Witness the so-far short-lived flaw in Windows' animated cursors (ANI), which picked up enough steam ove...
Microsoft will patch the increasingly dangerous Windows animated cursor vulnerability tomorrow, a week early, a spokesman of the company's security team said Sunday.
Software that could be used to turn a Web browser into an unwitting hacker's tool has been posted to the Internet, after it was downloaded by a quick-thinking attendee at last month's Shmoocon hacker conference.
The Windows zero-day bug now being used by attackers is extremely dangerous, security researchers said Friday, and ranks with the Windows Metafile vulnerability of more than a year ago on the potential damage meter.
The accused mastermind behind the Panda Burning Incense worm has not done a very good job of making amends, according to security vendor Symantec.
Microsoft confirmed Thursday that Windows, including Vista, contains a critical unpatched vulnerability that can be used by attackers to usurp PCs when users surf to malicious sites.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTProduct Designer - UIVIC
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTNode Developer / ArchitectVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- CCSenior Security ConsultantACT
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW