An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
A large group of organizations led by the SANS Institute has launched a new information security skills assessment and certification program for software programmers.
The Hacker Foundation, a nonprofit organization of ethical security researchers, is trying to extend its reach and encourage more people to join its ranks to help further codify the United States hacking community.
Symantec is dramatically expanding its mobile security offerings this week, adding VPN (virtual private network), data encryption, antispam and other features.
Forget China, Russia or eastern European countries. When it comes to malicious code, U.S.-based servers host an overwhelming majority of it, according to security vendor Finjan.
Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
A just-disclosed bug in Windows Vista's built-in e-mail program can be used by hackers to run malicious code on a victimized PC, said a researcher Friday who two weeks ago touted an exploit-for-sale service.
A Microsoft executive Wednesday said Windows Vista's first 90 days was a huge security success when compared to the opening three months of Windows XP, the current Apple Mac OS X, and three flavours of Linux.
Israel unfortunately is home to the most malicious Internet activity per Internet user, said Symantec's twice-yearly Internet Security Threat Report issued on Monday. The report covered the second half of 2006.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT