Bugs in Sun Microsystems's StarOffice and OpenOffice.org's OpenOffice application suites allow attackers to snatch control of a computer by serving up malicious documents or URLs, the two organizations said Monday.
Developers have released a major update to the Metasploit security testing tool designed to run more smoothly on the Windows operating system.
New software has been published on the Internet that could be used to exploit a known flaw in Internet Explorer.
An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
A large group of organizations led by the SANS Institute has launched a new information security skills assessment and certification program for software programmers.
The Hacker Foundation, a nonprofit organization of ethical security researchers, is trying to extend its reach and encourage more people to join its ranks to help further codify the United States hacking community.
Symantec is dramatically expanding its mobile security offerings this week, adding VPN (virtual private network), data encryption, antispam and other features.
Forget China, Russia or eastern European countries. When it comes to malicious code, U.S.-based servers host an overwhelming majority of it, according to security vendor Finjan.
Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- FTIntermediate Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- FTSolution Architect - Application/IntegrationVIC
- CCAX Functional SupportQLD
- TPRelease and Deployment MangerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 161103/AP/581Asia
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- CCSiebel Technical Integration SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCProject SchedulerACT
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA