Forget China, Russia or eastern European countries. When it comes to malicious code, U.S.-based servers host an overwhelming majority of it, according to security vendor Finjan.
Another Trojan horse is spreading through the Internet telephone network of Skype.
U.K. firms are at risk of data leakage through their employees' increasing use of Web 2.0 technologies and social networking websites, security experts have warned.
A just-disclosed bug in Windows Vista's built-in e-mail program can be used by hackers to run malicious code on a victimized PC, said a researcher Friday who two weeks ago touted an exploit-for-sale service.
A Microsoft executive Wednesday said Windows Vista's first 90 days was a huge security success when compared to the opening three months of Windows XP, the current Apple Mac OS X, and three flavours of Linux.
Israel unfortunately is home to the most malicious Internet activity per Internet user, said Symantec's twice-yearly Internet Security Threat Report issued on Monday. The report covered the second half of 2006.
Businesses may unwittingly leave themselves open to application-layer attacks because they don't understand their networks lack defenses to deflect them, according to a study by Forrester Research.
Security researchers have been touting the growing nature of professionalism among virus authors over the last several years, but new evidence points to increased cooperation between malware writers spread around the globe, according to some experts.
Mozilla's Firefox suffered from 26 percent fewer vulnerabilities in the second half of 2006 than Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a security company's research said Monday.
Oracle is working with Sun Microsystems to fix a bug affecting how the E-Business Suite runs on Windows Vista.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC