While the vast majority of networks today are based on the IPv4 protocol, the U.S. government is mandating that defence and civilian agencies are ready to accept IPv6-based traffic as well by June 2008. Those guiding the effort know the transition wo...
Hackers have built their own encrypted IM (instant-message) program to shield themselves from law enforcement trying to spy on their communication channels.
Google is having problems keeping its uptime pledge to some paying customers of its Google Apps suite of hosted services, throwing into question the company's ability to offer guaranteed levels of application reliability.
PayPal, the Internet-based money transfer system owned by eBay, is trying to persuade e-mail providers to block messages that lack digital signatures, which are aimed at cutting down on phishing scams, a company attorney said Tuesday.
For at least the third time this month, Google is grappling with performance and availability problems in the Gmail service of Google Apps, the suite of hosted services that many consider a potential threat to Microsoft's Office suite of desktop soft...
Malware purveyors are increasingly tailoring their virus distribution and attack techniques to take advantage of different classes of end-users, according to researchers with the Internet Security Systems' X-Force team at IBM.
Bugs in Sun Microsystems's StarOffice and OpenOffice.org's OpenOffice application suites allow attackers to snatch control of a computer by serving up malicious documents or URLs, the two organizations said Monday.
Developers have released a major update to the Metasploit security testing tool designed to run more smoothly on the Windows operating system.
New software has been published on the Internet that could be used to exploit a known flaw in Internet Explorer.
An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSuperannuation Fund AdministratorNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC