Users of AOL's AIM instant messaging system now have access to a plug-in that identifies their geographic location in a more precise manner than a similar plug-in developed last year.
The little lock icon that appears on a Web browser window frame when a secure connection exists between a browser and a Web server may be lulling users into a false sense of security.
A Trojan horse exploiting a flaw in Apple's QuickTime that was patched two weeks ago is infecting MySpace.com users' computers, collecting confidential information, including passwords, several security companies said Monday.
Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Mozilla is changing the way it publishes security fixes for its Firefox browser.
They won't divulge their real names, they call their project a "whiny, attention-seeking ploy," and they appear to take their fashion cues from Beastie Boys music videos.
Internet auction fraud remains the most frequently reported online crime, but complaints over online purchases that are never delivered are on the rise, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Co...
Security vendor Trend Micro will release a new version of its mobile security software for Nokia smartphones next month that adds a built-in firewall and improves malware detection, the company said Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW