In the same way some e-commerce sites serve up customized content based on a user's profile, cybercriminals are increasingly using personalization techniques to more effectively attack those who visit their Web sites.
Users of AOL's AIM instant messaging system now have access to a plug-in that identifies their geographic location in a more precise manner than a similar plug-in developed last year.
The little lock icon that appears on a Web browser window frame when a secure connection exists between a browser and a Web server may be lulling users into a false sense of security.
A Trojan horse exploiting a flaw in Apple's QuickTime that was patched two weeks ago is infecting MySpace.com users' computers, collecting confidential information, including passwords, several security companies said Monday.
Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Mozilla is changing the way it publishes security fixes for its Firefox browser.
They won't divulge their real names, they call their project a "whiny, attention-seeking ploy," and they appear to take their fashion cues from Beastie Boys music videos.
Internet auction fraud remains the most frequently reported online crime, but complaints over online purchases that are never delivered are on the rise, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Co...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW