Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Mozilla is changing the way it publishes security fixes for its Firefox browser.
They won't divulge their real names, they call their project a "whiny, attention-seeking ploy," and they appear to take their fashion cues from Beastie Boys music videos.
Internet auction fraud remains the most frequently reported online crime, but complaints over online purchases that are never delivered are on the rise, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Co...
Security vendor Trend Micro will release a new version of its mobile security software for Nokia smartphones next month that adds a built-in firewall and improves malware detection, the company said Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
Sophos will weave network access control (NAC) functions into its client antivirus security product, Endpoint Security, over the next 12 months, the company's chief executive officer said on Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
What if the good guys started using the tools of the bad guys to catch the bad guys, but other good guys stopped them from doing that?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW