Security researchers have been touting the growing nature of professionalism among virus authors over the last several years, but new evidence points to increased cooperation between malware writers spread around the globe, according to some experts.
Mozilla's Firefox suffered from 26 percent fewer vulnerabilities in the second half of 2006 than Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a security company's research said Monday.
Oracle is working with Sun Microsystems to fix a bug affecting how the E-Business Suite runs on Windows Vista.
In the same way some e-commerce sites serve up customized content based on a user's profile, cybercriminals are increasingly using personalization techniques to more effectively attack those who visit their Web sites.
Users of AOL's AIM instant messaging system now have access to a plug-in that identifies their geographic location in a more precise manner than a similar plug-in developed last year.
The little lock icon that appears on a Web browser window frame when a secure connection exists between a browser and a Web server may be lulling users into a false sense of security.
A Trojan horse exploiting a flaw in Apple's QuickTime that was patched two weeks ago is infecting MySpace.com users' computers, collecting confidential information, including passwords, several security companies said Monday.
Microsoft last Thursday acknowledged poor test results of its OneCare antivirus software, but promised it would do better by paying more attention to malware actually in the wild.
Microsoft's own bug hunters should cut Windows Vista some slack and rate its vulnerabilities differently because of the operating system's new, baked-in defenses, according to the developer who is often the public persona of the company's Security De...
Google's blogger.com is being hijacked to spread malware through fake blogs, a security vendor has warned.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**QLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC