US-based Domain registrar and hosting company GoDaddy.com was hit with "significant and sustained" distributed denial-of-service attacks Sunday, the company said.
Cheap or free registration of new domain names drives the growth in Web sites used for spamming or hosting malicious software, according to research from McAfee.
A Windows feature designed to simplify computing for disabled users could be misused in Vista, a McAfee Inc. researcher reported Monday.
Nearly a year after Microsoft introduced Windows Live OneCare, the company's first foray into the security market is still getting low marks from analysts and users.
Pornographic spam dropped to an all-time low in February, as spammers concentrated on health-related products and other general product pitches, according to a report from vendor Symantec.
Microsoft will skip next week's usual Patch Tuesday because it has no fixes for users, the company announced today.
Microsoft has acknowledged that a bug in its Windows Live OneCare security suite has been causing users' e-mail to vanish from Outlook and Outlook Express.
Microsoft is investigating a Windows bug that can crash PCs, requiring users to reboot. All unsaved data would be lost.
A California attorney claims he has unraveled part of the mystery behind a questionable software program and is prepared to go to court.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has suspended trading for 35 companies that allegedly benefited from spam e-mail campaigns to hype their stocks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW