Apple Tuesday made up for Microsoft's patch sabbatical by releasing a security update that featured fixes for 45 vulnerabilities, a third of which addressed flaws first made public during a pair of bug-a-day projects in late 2006 and early this year....
Figures from UK payments association Apacs show UK online banking fraud increased from £23.2 million (AUD$57.1 million) in 2005 to £33.5 million (AUD$82.4 million) last year.
Mozilla is still wrestling with adding a security feature to Firefox that its browser rival, Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7, uses on Windows Vista to keep malware from hijacking computers.
Grisoft SRO rolled out two security products on Tuesday for small businesses that want simple management, the company said.
Microsoft quietly deployed a patch to its Windows Live OneCare security suite earlier than expected to fix a bug that has erased some users' e-mail.
Symantec has uncovered an unusually sophisticated email scam, targeting eBay users with a combination of legitimate eBay auctions and a Windows Trojan that intercepts a user's web traffic.
US-based Domain registrar and hosting company GoDaddy.com was hit with "significant and sustained" distributed denial-of-service attacks Sunday, the company said.
Cheap or free registration of new domain names drives the growth in Web sites used for spamming or hosting malicious software, according to research from McAfee.
A Windows feature designed to simplify computing for disabled users could be misused in Vista, a McAfee Inc. researcher reported Monday.
Nearly a year after Microsoft introduced Windows Live OneCare, the company's first foray into the security market is still getting low marks from analysts and users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCField EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC