The Bagle worm continues to plague the Internet over three years after it first appeared, with many anti-virus engines unable to keep up, a security vendor has claimed.
What do cats and Internet security have in common? If you had attended Microsoft's TechFest 2007 on Tuesday in Redmond, Washington, you would know.
A security vendor is offering an add-on product for Windows Vista's User Account Control feature, which has been flagged as a threat to business users because it can be easily bypassed by hackers.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Windows Vista's firewall can easily be subverted because of design decisions made by Microsoft, a researcher at Symantec said Friday.
Security experts are urging users of Symantec antivirus software to update it to combat a new variant of the worm known as either Rinbot or Delbot, depending on what naming convention is used.
Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 antivirus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian antivirus researcher reported Wednesday.
A security firm has discovered one of the first security flaws to directly affect Windows Vista, a bug that it claims allows local users to escalate their privileges.
Windows Vista's revamped security features are posing difficulties for some IT security vendors looking to make their software work on the new operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW