The Bagle worm continues to plague the Internet over three years after it first appeared, with many anti-virus engines unable to keep up, a security vendor has claimed.
What do cats and Internet security have in common? If you had attended Microsoft's TechFest 2007 on Tuesday in Redmond, Washington, you would know.
A security vendor is offering an add-on product for Windows Vista's User Account Control feature, which has been flagged as a threat to business users because it can be easily bypassed by hackers.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Windows Vista's firewall can easily be subverted because of design decisions made by Microsoft, a researcher at Symantec said Friday.
Security experts are urging users of Symantec antivirus software to update it to combat a new variant of the worm known as either Rinbot or Delbot, depending on what naming convention is used.
Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 antivirus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian antivirus researcher reported Wednesday.
A security firm has discovered one of the first security flaws to directly affect Windows Vista, a bug that it claims allows local users to escalate their privileges.
Windows Vista's revamped security features are posing difficulties for some IT security vendors looking to make their software work on the new operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA