Windows Vista delivers on some of the security improvements Microsoft promised for it, but there are still a host of ways attackers can exploit the OS and leave users open to threats, according to findings by Symantec.
In a paper he plans to discuss Wednesday at the Black Hat DC 2007 conference, noted database security researcher David Litchfield is expected to outline a new attack method against Oracle databases that boosts the danger to unpatched systems.
A new version of the Storm e-mail virus is populating blogs and online bulletin boards with links directing people to a Web site that is propagating the worm, representing a new mode of attack for hackers seeking financial gain, according to a securi...
The former legal counsel for McAfee is facing federal charges of improperly backdating stock options at the security software company.
Microsoft's much-touted security enhancements in Windows Vista have made it a safer operating system than previous versions of Windows, but it is still open to attack from legacy malicious code.
Although Mozilla patched one more Firefox bug last week than first reported, the researcher whose work has plagued the open-source browser for weeks has released details about another flaw.
Google has enhanced the way it notifies webmasters that their sites contain malware, improving on a service the company launched in November of last year in a partnership with The Stop Badware Coalition.
The latest IT security threat plaguing the office is actually clipped to the belts and purses of a company's mobile workforce.
Mozilla has released an update to its Firefox browser, fixing a number of security flaws in the product.
EEye Digital Security said it's found the first Office 2007 remote code vulnerability and has alerted Microsoft's bug team.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC