Window Snyder, chief security officer at open source browser maker Mozilla, is caught in the crosshairs of the raging browser vulnerability battle.
An attack this week that targeted online customers of at least 50 financial institutions in the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific has been shut down, a security expert said Thursday.
Another Microsoft security rival posted results Wednesday of tests claiming that Windows Defender, Microsoft's antispyware software, blocked only a portion of the malware thrown at it.
Security researchers have discovered a serious flaw in Google's desktop software that could be used to wreak havoc on a victim's computer.
The Commonwealth Bank and Westpac account holders have become victims of a phishing scam in which malicious code reveals the physical location of affected IP addresses using Google Maps.
Banner advertisements for a security application said to report false or inflated threats appeared for at least a few days on Microsoft's instant messaging (IM) program, prompting warnings from security analysts.
When U.S. courts ruled more than a decade ago that consumers weren't liable for fraudulent use of their credit card numbers after the first US$50, credit card companies -- which were left holding the huge bill -- took notice and dove into fighting fr...
A biometric systems vendor has a pitch for CIOs nervous about company executives losing their mobile phones and risking the loss of confidential information.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled a dozen security updates that patched 20 vulnerabilities, including one found in every security product of its consumer and enterprise lines, including software either bundled with or able to run on the new Windows Vista op...
The Trojan horse that pumped up spam volumes in January is at it again, researchers said today, and is now spreading over instant messaging and engaging in attacks on rival malware.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Westpac CIO: How my ‘200-year-old startup’ stays agile
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia