Microsoft's Windows Live OneCare came in dead last out of a group of 17 antivirus programs tested against hundreds of thousands of worms, viruses, Trojan horses and other malware, an Austrian antivirus researcher reported Wednesday.
A security firm has discovered one of the first security flaws to directly affect Windows Vista, a bug that it claims allows local users to escalate their privileges.
Windows Vista's revamped security features are posing difficulties for some IT security vendors looking to make their software work on the new operating system.
Windows Vista delivers on some of the security improvements Microsoft promised for it, but there are still a host of ways attackers can exploit the OS and leave users open to threats, according to findings by Symantec.
In a paper he plans to discuss Wednesday at the Black Hat DC 2007 conference, noted database security researcher David Litchfield is expected to outline a new attack method against Oracle databases that boosts the danger to unpatched systems.
A new version of the Storm e-mail virus is populating blogs and online bulletin boards with links directing people to a Web site that is propagating the worm, representing a new mode of attack for hackers seeking financial gain, according to a securi...
The former legal counsel for McAfee is facing federal charges of improperly backdating stock options at the security software company.
Microsoft's much-touted security enhancements in Windows Vista have made it a safer operating system than previous versions of Windows, but it is still open to attack from legacy malicious code.
Although Mozilla patched one more Firefox bug last week than first reported, the researcher whose work has plagued the open-source browser for weeks has released details about another flaw.
Google has enhanced the way it notifies webmasters that their sites contain malware, improving on a service the company launched in November of last year in a partnership with The Stop Badware Coalition.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCService Management Analyst (Part-Time)NSW
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystACT