The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
Microsoft has announced plans to open new security research centres in Europe and Asia, the first time such teams have been located outside the U.S.
Microsoft plans to release 12 sets of security patches next Tuesday fixing critical vulnerabilities in a number of its products, including the company's new security software.
The antivirus scanning engine used in virtually every Trend Micro product is plagued by a critical flaw that can be used by attackers to take down or hijack PCs, several security organizations said today. A patch has been issued by Trend Micro to plu...
One of the security industry's most outspoken experts, Bruce Schneier, spoke at RSA Conference on the topic of how security decisions and perceptions are often driven by irrational and subconscious motives in human beings.
Left online for 24 days to see how hackers would attack them, four Linux computers with weak passwords were hit by some 270,000 intrusion attempts -- about one attempt every 39 seconds, according to a study conducted by a researcher at the University...
Microsoft's Windows Vista OS has already failed a major security test.
Online attackers have briefly disrupted service on at least two of the 13 "root" servers that are used to direct traffic on the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW