More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
Microsoft has announced plans to open new security research centres in Europe and Asia, the first time such teams have been located outside the U.S.
Microsoft plans to release 12 sets of security patches next Tuesday fixing critical vulnerabilities in a number of its products, including the company's new security software.
The antivirus scanning engine used in virtually every Trend Micro product is plagued by a critical flaw that can be used by attackers to take down or hijack PCs, several security organizations said today. A patch has been issued by Trend Micro to plu...
One of the security industry's most outspoken experts, Bruce Schneier, spoke at RSA Conference on the topic of how security decisions and perceptions are often driven by irrational and subconscious motives in human beings.
Left online for 24 days to see how hackers would attack them, four Linux computers with weak passwords were hit by some 270,000 intrusion attempts -- about one attempt every 39 seconds, according to a study conducted by a researcher at the University...
Microsoft's Windows Vista OS has already failed a major security test.
Online attackers have briefly disrupted service on at least two of the 13 "root" servers that are used to direct traffic on the Internet.
An emerging breed of sophisticated malware is raising doubts about the ability of traditional signature-based security software to fend off new viruses and worms, according to experts at this week's RSA security conference in San Francisco.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW