Banner advertisements for a security application said to report false or inflated threats appeared for at least a few days on Microsoft's instant messaging (IM) program, prompting warnings from security analysts.
When U.S. courts ruled more than a decade ago that consumers weren't liable for fraudulent use of their credit card numbers after the first US$50, credit card companies -- which were left holding the huge bill -- took notice and dove into fighting fr...
A biometric systems vendor has a pitch for CIOs nervous about company executives losing their mobile phones and risking the loss of confidential information.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled a dozen security updates that patched 20 vulnerabilities, including one found in every security product of its consumer and enterprise lines, including software either bundled with or able to run on the new Windows Vista op...
The Trojan horse that pumped up spam volumes in January is at it again, researchers said today, and is now spreading over instant messaging and engaging in attacks on rival malware.
The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
Microsoft has announced plans to open new security research centres in Europe and Asia, the first time such teams have been located outside the U.S.
Microsoft plans to release 12 sets of security patches next Tuesday fixing critical vulnerabilities in a number of its products, including the company's new security software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCService Desk SMENSW