Microsoft Tuesday unveiled a dozen security updates that patched 20 vulnerabilities, including one found in every security product of its consumer and enterprise lines, including software either bundled with or able to run on the new Windows Vista op...
The Trojan horse that pumped up spam volumes in January is at it again, researchers said today, and is now spreading over instant messaging and engaging in attacks on rival malware.
The number of security attacks reported by mobile phone operators in 2006 jumped fivefold over the year before, a McAfee study reported Monday.
More than half of the wireless LAN devices being used at this week's RSA Conference on information security are themselves unsecured.
A new study by the University of Maryland's A. James Clark School of Engineering shows the Internet wilds are still teeming with hordes of good old-fashioned brute-force attacks and quantifies how frequently machines are attacked and the methods used...
Microsoft has announced plans to open new security research centres in Europe and Asia, the first time such teams have been located outside the U.S.
Microsoft plans to release 12 sets of security patches next Tuesday fixing critical vulnerabilities in a number of its products, including the company's new security software.
The antivirus scanning engine used in virtually every Trend Micro product is plagued by a critical flaw that can be used by attackers to take down or hijack PCs, several security organizations said today. A patch has been issued by Trend Micro to plu...
One of the security industry's most outspoken experts, Bruce Schneier, spoke at RSA Conference on the topic of how security decisions and perceptions are often driven by irrational and subconscious motives in human beings.
Left online for 24 days to see how hackers would attack them, four Linux computers with weak passwords were hit by some 270,000 intrusion attempts -- about one attempt every 39 seconds, according to a study conducted by a researcher at the University...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
- Lost thumb drives bedevil US banking agency
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC