With Halloween approaching I thought it appropriate to share some bewitching IT stories from some of the ghosts (those who want to remain anonymous) and goblins (proud to take credit for their ghoulish tales) belonging to Encompass,HP's largest enter...
Servers & Storage
A specification meant to bring together storage device management under one umbrella instead continues to be criticized for its innate inability to enable interoperable functionality.
A look at the greatest all time Data Center controversies in the history of the networking industry.
Solid-state drives may replace hard drives as future storage devices on computers, but not until their price plummets.
Ask business executives what tools they are focused on and eight out of 10 times they'll say server optimization. It is little wonder why. Most servers are grossly underutilized, processing at a fraction of their potential capacity, while still eatin...
Designed by renowned industrial designer Ora-Ito, LaCie's Golden Disk hard drive is one classy 500 GB Hard Drive. Using high-speed USB 2 technology, the Golden Disk is sleek, fanless, and stylish. The outside finish contains some real gold, making th...
Clad in his pajamas, Red Hat co-founder Marc Ewing arrived at work at 11 a.m. one day in 1998, unlocked the office for a new employee, and promptly left to go back to sleep.
During the first day of its Intel Developer forum in San Francisco this week, the chip giant set launch dates for its next generation of microprocessors, demonstrated future CPU designs that support up to eight cores, and looked ahead to the manufact...
A conference being held in Denver this week by the Professional Association for SQL Server user group will provide a forum for the biggest public unveiling to date of Microsoft's SQL Server 2008 database.
Frank Sabatelli believes in virtualization, but his customers don't always share his faith.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- iiNet founder Michael Malone joins NBN board
- Apple Pay: 42 percent of people don’t feel secure using it
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- How do you stop patent trolls? This algorithm just might do the trick
- Get ready for your new co-worker – the robot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW