Directory services are a critical component of any enterprise environment. These services provide a database for central account management for both user and computer, as well as a framework for sharing that information among workstations and servers...
Servers & Storage
RAID technology -- Redundant Array of Independent Disks -- lets you establish varying degrees of data protection depending on the particular requirements of a given application. RAID levels 0, 1, 5 and 10 have been the most widely used, with RAID 5 (...
Microsoft was once an avowed opponent of network computing, thin clients or anything else that threatened to harm Windows' hegemony by putting the PC on a crash diet. Over the years, the company outlasted a number of vaunted opponents in that debate;...
To virtualize or not to virtualize -- that is no longer the question when it comes to deploying Linux in the data centre. Today, the question is which virtualization approach to take.
Jeff Pieper's marketing design business runs on data, and he doesn't mind swapping out a server or fiddling with cabling here and there.
With five computers in my home/office, I told myself, the last thing I need is to add a shared network storage device to the clutter. But I had been eyeing these systems with interest for some time, hoping prices would come down. Now, with retail sti...
Microsoft released the public beta for its Office Communicator Server 2007 this week. Here are some key facts about the product.
In 1973, Pete Townshend and The Who wrote and sang about Quadrophenia. And although it took another 34 years for quad-core servers to be counted as a commercial success, by all accounts, multicore server evolution is just beginning.
Storage jobs are hot and trained storage personnel are in short supply, say industry analysts and IT managers. This combination is weakening the resolve of IT managers to hold out for experienced personnel, leaving them with few options other than to...
One of the major bundled applications with any version of Windows on the server is Internet Information Services. And what a long road it's been since IIS 4, the first version of IIS, which came with Windows NT Server 4.0.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
- 2013: The year in numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC