We've seen glimmers on the horizon for some time now, but the Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO) has finally made official the third iteration of the serial ATA specification. SATA Revision 3.0 doubles the existing SATA 3Gb/s bandwidth ...
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems and IBM scored the highest in the Greenpeace Cool IT challenge, which rated IT companies on the technologies they offer for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, their advocacy of global emission reduction targets, and their own use of ...
EMC Wednesday announced plans to acquire Configuresoft, a maker of server configuration, change and compliance management software, for an undisclosed sum.
The Serial ATA International Organization today released the SATA Revision 3.0 specification, which doubles data transfer speeds from 3Gbit/sec. to 6Gbit/sec.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today unveiled a new low-end to its Sun Storage 7000 series of Unified Storage arrays. The new Sun Storage 7310 array allows solid state disk (SSD) drives and hard disk drives to be used in the same chassis and under the same ma...
Asustek Computer joined other NAS (network attached storage) device makers such as QNAP and Acer by showing off a new NAS that uses Intel's low-power, inexpensive Atom N270 microprocessor.
Other World Computing (OWC) today released its highest capacity, fastest, bus-powered portable external drive, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro, which offers up to 500GB capacity and up to 100MB/sec data transfer speeds.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
A team of researchers from an Australian university has developed a new DVD technology that could someday boost disc capacity by 10,000 times beyond today's standard 4.7GB DVDs, according to a study published in the journal <i>Nature</i>.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC