We've seen glimmers on the horizon for some time now, but the Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO) has finally made official the third iteration of the serial ATA specification. SATA Revision 3.0 doubles the existing SATA 3Gb/s bandwidth ...
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems and IBM scored the highest in the Greenpeace Cool IT challenge, which rated IT companies on the technologies they offer for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, their advocacy of global emission reduction targets, and their own use of ...
EMC Wednesday announced plans to acquire Configuresoft, a maker of server configuration, change and compliance management software, for an undisclosed sum.
The Serial ATA International Organization today released the SATA Revision 3.0 specification, which doubles data transfer speeds from 3Gbit/sec. to 6Gbit/sec.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today unveiled a new low-end to its Sun Storage 7000 series of Unified Storage arrays. The new Sun Storage 7310 array allows solid state disk (SSD) drives and hard disk drives to be used in the same chassis and under the same ma...
Asustek Computer joined other NAS (network attached storage) device makers such as QNAP and Acer by showing off a new NAS that uses Intel's low-power, inexpensive Atom N270 microprocessor.
Other World Computing (OWC) today released its highest capacity, fastest, bus-powered portable external drive, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro, which offers up to 500GB capacity and up to 100MB/sec data transfer speeds.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
A team of researchers from an Australian university has developed a new DVD technology that could someday boost disc capacity by 10,000 times beyond today's standard 4.7GB DVDs, according to a study published in the journal <i>Nature</i>.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
- Cybercriminals are increasingly embracing a sophisticated business-model approach
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- FTBusiness Systems AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCScrum MasterACT