We've seen glimmers on the horizon for some time now, but the Serial ATA International Organization (SATA-IO) has finally made official the third iteration of the serial ATA specification. SATA Revision 3.0 doubles the existing SATA 3Gb/s bandwidth ...
Servers & Storage
Sun Microsystems and IBM scored the highest in the Greenpeace Cool IT challenge, which rated IT companies on the technologies they offer for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, their advocacy of global emission reduction targets, and their own use of ...
EMC Wednesday announced plans to acquire Configuresoft, a maker of server configuration, change and compliance management software, for an undisclosed sum.
The Serial ATA International Organization today released the SATA Revision 3.0 specification, which doubles data transfer speeds from 3Gbit/sec. to 6Gbit/sec.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today unveiled a new low-end to its Sun Storage 7000 series of Unified Storage arrays. The new Sun Storage 7310 array allows solid state disk (SSD) drives and hard disk drives to be used in the same chassis and under the same ma...
Asustek Computer joined other NAS (network attached storage) device makers such as QNAP and Acer by showing off a new NAS that uses Intel's low-power, inexpensive Atom N270 microprocessor.
Other World Computing (OWC) today released its highest capacity, fastest, bus-powered portable external drive, the Mercury On-The-Go Pro, which offers up to 500GB capacity and up to 100MB/sec data transfer speeds.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
Users are set to ditch tape as a storage medium as one in 10 businesses have lost data following a failure of a tape backup system.
A team of researchers from an Australian university has developed a new DVD technology that could someday boost disc capacity by 10,000 times beyond today's standard 4.7GB DVDs, according to a study published in the journal <i>Nature</i>.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
- New Windows privilege escalation flaw exploited in active attacks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW