Cloud computing is taking off in large part because the delivery of IT services and infrastructure over the Web offers better pricing and more flexible pricing options. That, at least, is the theory. But what if cloud pricing models are so confusing ...
Servers & Storage
Storage vendor NetApp has agreed to acquire Data Domain, a maker of disk-based backup products, for about US$1.5 billion, the companies announced Wednesday.
Management specialist Avocent has launched a new tool aimed at helping data centre administrators to manage a variety of resources within their data centres.
Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-server software contains a vulnerability that could let attackers steal data, but downplayed the threat.
Moving e-mail and collaboration applications to the cloud will drive the first wave of adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise, which is still in its nascent phase, company Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie said Wednesday.
Domain name registries are scrambling to patch a newly discovered bug in popular open source DNS software that could be exploited for denial-of-service attacks.
Security and patch management vendor Shavlik Technologies Tuesday recommended a pair of free tools from Microsoft to help users protect themselves from a zero-day exploit in Internet Information Server.
Appro's new HyperPower Cluster, announced Monday, mixes the processing power of CPUs and graphics processing units to tackle high-performance computing tasks.
Security vendors are warning users of Microsoft's Internet Information Services 6 Web-server software that a new online attack could put their data at risk.
New auto-scaling, monitoring and load-balancing tools for Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud are now in public beta, the company said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA