Cloud computing is taking off in large part because the delivery of IT services and infrastructure over the Web offers better pricing and more flexible pricing options. That, at least, is the theory. But what if cloud pricing models are so confusing ...
Servers & Storage
Storage vendor NetApp has agreed to acquire Data Domain, a maker of disk-based backup products, for about US$1.5 billion, the companies announced Wednesday.
Management specialist Avocent has launched a new tool aimed at helping data centre administrators to manage a variety of resources within their data centres.
Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-server software contains a vulnerability that could let attackers steal data, but downplayed the threat.
Moving e-mail and collaboration applications to the cloud will drive the first wave of adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise, which is still in its nascent phase, company Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie said Wednesday.
Domain name registries are scrambling to patch a newly discovered bug in popular open source DNS software that could be exploited for denial-of-service attacks.
Security and patch management vendor Shavlik Technologies Tuesday recommended a pair of free tools from Microsoft to help users protect themselves from a zero-day exploit in Internet Information Server.
Appro's new HyperPower Cluster, announced Monday, mixes the processing power of CPUs and graphics processing units to tackle high-performance computing tasks.
Security vendors are warning users of Microsoft's Internet Information Services 6 Web-server software that a new online attack could put their data at risk.
New auto-scaling, monitoring and load-balancing tools for Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud are now in public beta, the company said Monday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VirtulisationNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSAP Hana and UI5 ConsultantsACT
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW