Cloud computing is taking off in large part because the delivery of IT services and infrastructure over the Web offers better pricing and more flexible pricing options. That, at least, is the theory. But what if cloud pricing models are so confusing ...
Servers & Storage
Storage vendor NetApp has agreed to acquire Data Domain, a maker of disk-based backup products, for about US$1.5 billion, the companies announced Wednesday.
Management specialist Avocent has launched a new tool aimed at helping data centre administrators to manage a variety of resources within their data centres.
Microsoft late Monday confirmed that its Internet Information Services (IIS) Web-server software contains a vulnerability that could let attackers steal data, but downplayed the threat.
Moving e-mail and collaboration applications to the cloud will drive the first wave of adoption of cloud computing in the enterprise, which is still in its nascent phase, company Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie said Wednesday.
Domain name registries are scrambling to patch a newly discovered bug in popular open source DNS software that could be exploited for denial-of-service attacks.
Security and patch management vendor Shavlik Technologies Tuesday recommended a pair of free tools from Microsoft to help users protect themselves from a zero-day exploit in Internet Information Server.
Appro's new HyperPower Cluster, announced Monday, mixes the processing power of CPUs and graphics processing units to tackle high-performance computing tasks.
Security vendors are warning users of Microsoft's Internet Information Services 6 Web-server software that a new online attack could put their data at risk.
New auto-scaling, monitoring and load-balancing tools for Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud are now in public beta, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Apple commits to run off 100% renewable energy
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC