After the apparent collapse of acquisition talks between IBM and Sun Microsystems, Sun faces a choice: continue looking for a buyer, change its management - or just keep plugging along as is.
Servers & Storage
Just before the dot-com boom that spawned the meteoric rise of Sun Microsystems came careening to a halt, then-CEO Scott McNealy and President Ed Zander held a meeting where they discussed the future of their company.
SandForce Inc. announced today a new family of solid-state disk (SSD) processors that the company claims will allow lower-cost, commodity NAND flash memory to be used in data center operations. The disks will also be faster and more reliable for use ...
Hewlett-Packard hopes to play a bigger role in managing the virtual data center with updates to its Business Service Automation software announced on Tuesday.
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) has formed the Cloud Storage Technical Work Group, which will develop standards, interfaces and best practices for storing data in the cloud, it announced on Tuesday.
An Apple online store is set to take preorders of new Xserve servers carrying Intel's new Xeon chips, hinting at launch of the devices in the near future.
Merger talks between IBM and Sun Microsystems were said to have broken down on Sunday, with the two companies unable to agree on the terms of a deal.
Microsoft Corp. Wednesday announced the 10th member of its Windows Server 2008 family with a new version of the server operating system aimed at companies with fewer than 15 employees.
Rackable Systems said Wednesday it plans to buy the assets of bankrupt Silicon Graphics (SGI) for roughly US$25 million in cash and will also assume certain liabilities.
As expected, Microsoft Wednesday introduced a version of its Windows Server OS for small businesses with 15 users or less, filling in what the company sees as a gap in its server offerings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD