Toshiba has offered to buy the assets of OCZ Technology, a solid-state drive manufacturer on the verge of bankruptcy.
Servers & Storage
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST), a Western Digital company, is putting helium into its hard disk drives (HDDs) to boost their capacity.
Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is paying US$930 million to acquire the Climate Corporation, maker of a software platform that crunches weather-related data in order to help farmers more effectively grow crops.
Silicon Graphics International has acquired storage company, Filetek, as the server maker looks to provide customers with better control over petabytes of stored data in high-performance computing environments.
Intel has partnered with startup TSO Logic in a move that should give more companies tools to track how much power their server applications consume.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Oracle is offering a series of new services that position it as a one-stop shop for all things cloud and directly target the likes of Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com.
Seagate announced that it has sold more than 1 million drives using a new recording technology that will offer consumers 5TB hard drives next year and possibly 20TB drives by 2020.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMid-Senior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - IPVPN Edge and Internet EdgeVIC
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA