<a href="http://www.necam.com" target="_blank">NEC America</a> has introduced a virtual-desktop computing package designed to support demanding PC-quality graphics on thin client desktops.
Servers & Storage
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Monday announced three new hard-disk drives aimed at improving storage capacity, performance and power consumption.
Sony has launched of its first Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG media card, which it will begin shipping in August 2007. The Memory Stick PRO-HG is an extended format of the Memory Stick PRO format, offering high performances to meet the stringent demands of...
An independent developer has created a free plug-in for the open-source MySQL database that lets users inexpensively store their data on Amazon.com's Web storage service, S3.
A small Utah online backup service that recently signed a deal to back up 300,000 PCs owned by General Electric Co. Thursday announced a US$4.95 per month unlimited plan for Mac owners.
New details have emerged of virtualisation software provider, VMware's, plans to sell its stock to the public.
Microsoft is posting the final beta and first publicly available and feature-complete version of Windows Server Longhorn, marking the final time the product will be available for testing and feedback before the long-awaited server update is available...
Digg.com credits two particular features of its LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) server cluster for helping the news aggregation site maintain speedy performance in the face of high growth.
Microsoft's security team it is still working on a patch for a critical bug in the company's server software.
Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu are introducing new servers Tuesday that they jointly developed, while another server maker, Hitachi, is unveiling new blade servers. They each aim to address buyers' dual needs for computing power and energy efficiency.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW