Seagate has launched File Recovery for Windows software, designed to recover deleted or damaged files from a Windows disk or USB stick.
Servers & Storage
Western Digital has introduced a new dual-drive shared network storage product for small business.
IBM and HP, in separate announcements, have each used words such as "simple", "reliable" and "affordable" to describe how each of their new products serves the small-to-medium business market.
The design firm that crafted the seminal Ferrari car has turned its attention to hard drives, and the first of its efforts is an elegantly curved external drive just unveiled by c The rainbow of colour options is tied to drive capacity, topped by the...
AMD has begun shipping two 3GHz versions of its dual-core Opteron chip to server vendors, continuing a battle over multicore processing power with Intel, the company said.
Flash memory is a wonderful thing: It's shock-resistant, it doesn't have moving parts, it uses battery power more efficiently than disk drives do and its price is crashing. Even so, it isn't likely to replace hard drives on mainstream PCs anytime soo...
Sun Microsystems has brought new, faster UltraSparc IV+ processors to market, continuing to promote its homegrown chips even as it sells servers with processors from rivals Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.
ScriptLogic this week joined the slew of desktop management vendors looking to help enterprise IT shops more easily upgrade their client machines to Microsoft's Vista operating system.
As webmail providers continue their years-long race to increase their inbox storage, some analysts and users are cheering them on, while others question whether the emphasis on this issue is warranted and even if it can become counterproductive.
Hewlett-Packard is adding new entry-level hardware to a product line aimed at buyers in emerging global markets as well as small-to-medium sized businesses.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- CCUNISON Analyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW