There was only one winner of an international challenge that offered a PlayStation 3 to any hacker able to attack it: Sony. Over the two-month-long competition, the PlayStation 3 was able to withstand numerous attempts by hackers worldwide, proving t...
Servers & Storage
Dell is the first computer system supplier to ship 1 terabyte (1,000 gigabytes) hard drives targeted at users needing to store large amounts of digital media.
Taiwan's Raidon Technology has developed a small RAID (redundant array of independent, or inexpensive, disks) module that fits neatly into a 3.5-inch drive bay.
Linux vendor Collax wants to use the Web interface it has built for managing small-business servers to manage applications from other vendors too.
Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
Microsoft has released a major update to its server operating system designed to make the product more stable and secure.
Dell and Hewlett-Packard reported declines in storage hardware revenue in the fourth quarter of 2006, running contrary to a growth trend for the storage industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTBA/Technical Project Manager/Product ManagerQLD
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW