Users looking for bargains in DRAM (dynamic RAM) for their PCs or laptops might see bargain prices within the next few weeks, but anyone looking for new USB (universal serial bus) flash memory sticks, iPods, or memory cards for digital cameras and ot...
Servers & Storage
iSCSI technology is entering the mainstream as growing numbers of enterprises consider the storage alternative for its lower costs and management simplicity, analysts say.
Microsoft's Windows Home Server developers have been inundated with bug reports on the under-construction consumer server software, which -- when it was announced in January -- was expected to ship mid-year.
Hynix Semiconductor and SanDisk have reached a patent cross-license agreement and will jointly manufacture and sell NAND flash memory in addition to developing four-bit-per-cell flash memory, the companies said Wednesday.
Microsoft will open up beta versions of its unified communications server and client software to the public for download on Monday, a senior company executive said Wednesday.
Shipments of servers powered by x86 processors will not grow as fast as previously forecasted, but x86 will remain the dominant chip design, according to IDC.
There was only one winner of an international challenge that offered a PlayStation 3 to any hacker able to attack it: Sony. Over the two-month-long competition, the PlayStation 3 was able to withstand numerous attempts by hackers worldwide, proving t...
Dell is the first computer system supplier to ship 1 terabyte (1,000 gigabytes) hard drives targeted at users needing to store large amounts of digital media.
Taiwan's Raidon Technology has developed a small RAID (redundant array of independent, or inexpensive, disks) module that fits neatly into a 3.5-inch drive bay.
Linux vendor Collax wants to use the Web interface it has built for managing small-business servers to manage applications from other vendors too.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia