There was only one winner of an international challenge that offered a PlayStation 3 to any hacker able to attack it: Sony. Over the two-month-long competition, the PlayStation 3 was able to withstand numerous attempts by hackers worldwide, proving t...
Servers & Storage
Dell is the first computer system supplier to ship 1 terabyte (1,000 gigabytes) hard drives targeted at users needing to store large amounts of digital media.
Taiwan's Raidon Technology has developed a small RAID (redundant array of independent, or inexpensive, disks) module that fits neatly into a 3.5-inch drive bay.
Linux vendor Collax wants to use the Web interface it has built for managing small-business servers to manage applications from other vendors too.
Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
Microsoft has released a major update to its server operating system designed to make the product more stable and secure.
Dell and Hewlett-Packard reported declines in storage hardware revenue in the fourth quarter of 2006, running contrary to a growth trend for the storage industry.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Top 30 AWS cloud services
- The Good Guys take serious aim at ASX listing
- Google Daydreams about VR, and enterprises take note
- Microsoft pledges to use more renewable energy in its data centers
- Google's mobile productivity apps bury Microsoft's
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCDigital Media / Web Content Management- SquizzNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCSr Service ManagementACT