Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Servers & Storage
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
Microsoft has released a major update to its server operating system designed to make the product more stable and secure.
Dell and Hewlett-Packard reported declines in storage hardware revenue in the fourth quarter of 2006, running contrary to a growth trend for the storage industry.
Samsung Electronics has begun shipping its first hybrid hard-disk drives that mix conventional magnetic storage with flash memory, it said Wednesday.
The world is running out of storage space for the data it has to hold according to a new report from IDC.
Despite the fact that the first public beta of Microsoft's new Windows Server Virtualization technology is not due out until mid-year, corporate users can get a glimpse of things to come via an online demo.
Customers are replacing disk drives at rates far higher than those suggested by the estimated mean time between failure (MTBF) supplied by drive vendors, according to a study of about 100,000 drives conducted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
- Researchers build undetectable rootkit for programmable logic controllers
- Google clashes with Microsoft over Windows flaw disclosure
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA