Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Servers & Storage
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
Microsoft has released a major update to its server operating system designed to make the product more stable and secure.
Dell and Hewlett-Packard reported declines in storage hardware revenue in the fourth quarter of 2006, running contrary to a growth trend for the storage industry.
Samsung Electronics has begun shipping its first hybrid hard-disk drives that mix conventional magnetic storage with flash memory, it said Wednesday.
The world is running out of storage space for the data it has to hold according to a new report from IDC.
Despite the fact that the first public beta of Microsoft's new Windows Server Virtualization technology is not due out until mid-year, corporate users can get a glimpse of things to come via an online demo.
Customers are replacing disk drives at rates far higher than those suggested by the estimated mean time between failure (MTBF) supplied by drive vendors, according to a study of about 100,000 drives conducted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW