Startup chip design company Adapteva on Tuesday announced the multicore Epiphany processor, which is designed to accelerate applications in servers and low-power devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Servers & Storage
A new interconnect technology being developed by Intel could be ready for use by 2015 and will be able to shuttle data between computers at up to five times the speed of its recently launched Thunderbolt technology, an Intel researcher said on Wednes...
The servers are back up and users can once again check in on Foursquare and ask questions on Quora, but the legacy of last week's Amazon Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) outage will live on and provide important lessons for businesses as they look to cl...
Google will allow companies to sign up users for its paid <a href="http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html">Apps for Business</a> hosted collaboration and communication suite on a month-to-month basis, without having to commit them to ...
The outage of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) service has shone a light on the number of Websites that use the service, which allows companies to hire computing power inexpensively on Amazon's systems.
As you may recall, Amazon recently unveiled its new Cloud Drive service, which provides 5GB of free online storage. (Elsewhere I explained how you could bump your limit to 20GB for under a buck.) The only downside? To access it, you have to use Amazo...
Google went on the defensive on Wednesday, saying it never misled the U.S. government about Google Apps' compliance with an important security standard.
Toshiba Wednesday unveiled its first family of self-encrypting hard disk drives (HDDs) that can also erase data when connected to an unknown host.
Intel on Tuesday said that developer kits for Thunderbolt will be available this quarter, which could lead to the quick availability of a wider range of products based on the interconnect technology.
IBM has updated its Power systems lineup with higher-density blades and faster processors for its mid-range Power 750 server, looking to keep its momentum in Unix sales as the market inches back to life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW