New and improved storage, networking, remote access, BYOD, and server administration features make the R2 upgrade
Servers & Storage
A punched card was once the basis for digital information used for computer programs and data storage. They were widely used throughout the first half of the 20th century in processing machines to input data and to store it. Punch cards could be fed into the first commercial computer, IBM 305 system, which then stored the data on hard disks
Data centers gobble up energy and generate heat, but here are some data centers that try to do it with their own flair
External hard drives are now cheaper than ever, with prices catching up to the internal HDD market. If your dad is a hoarder of digital content, why not grab him an external hard drive this Father's Day? This will save him the trouble of jamming another hard drive into his computer tower -- instead he can take his movies, photos and music files wherever he goes. Here are some of the biggest bargains we've seen online.
Here are 10 things we love/hate about cloud automation tools.
Over the years, people have tried to transfer information from one computer to another in a dizzying number of ways. Here's a look at some of the best, along with others that time forgot.
The charmed life of Larry Ellison wasn't always caviar and megayachts.
Brave users of history's earliest computers programmed those massive electronic beasts through jumper wires plugged into arrays of sockets.
To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Seagate put together a museum of hard drives that reach back to the company's inception.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperWA
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- TPTableau SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Services EngineerNSW
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT