The Web is not a spectator sport. Sure, you can watch videos and do countless other low-brainwave activities online, but the Web's outlets for self-expression and creativity are boundless. In fact, the medium doesn't come alive until you take advanta...
A Look at the all time greatest controversies in the history of the networking industry.
The Completely Fair Scheduler (CFS) was merged for the 2.6.23 kernel. One CFS feature which did not get in, though, was the group scheduling facility. Group scheduling makes the CFS fairness algorithm operate in a hierarchical fashion: processes are ...
If you're running Vista and you need a multifunction printer, Brother's MFC-5860CN might seem like a great choice. After all, it's proudly sold as "Certified for Windows Vista."
Buried deep within Windows' bosom is a carbon-crusted fossil from the ancient days of computing. This aged wart on Windows' soul harkens back to a more primitive time, when computers lacked the oomph to go graphical and mice were nothing but rodents.
Discerning typesetters have long relied on Tex and LaTeX for impeccable-looking documents. Now they have a front-end that works under Linux and BSD and brings control of the compilers and related utilities under the comprehensive graphical user inter...
IBM has a sales center in Second Life, Toyota uses virtual worlds targeted at children to influence their future car-buying decisions, and many other companies throughout the real world are asking if virtual worlds are right for them.
Ever since the social networking site of Facebook opened itself up to outside development, there has been a flurry of Facebook applications created by independent programmers and companies.
When last surveying open source Web CMSes (content management systems) I provided some common-sense advice. For example, it's important to look for not just functionality but also frequent updates, a healthy user community, and the availability of pr...
Alternative office suites are nothing new. For users requiring the trio of word processing, spreadsheets and presentations there have always been options. For some years, it has been possible to get OpenOffice for free and the commercial version, Sun...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
- 2013: The year in numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW