Apple's App Store approval process has always been a bit controversial because of the level of control the company holds over what types of applications are allowed in. Initially, there were concerns that Apple rejected apps because they duplicated f...
Kevin Hoffman is an enterprise programmer who straddles two worlds: Windows, including Windows Mobile and now Windows Phone 7, and Apple iPhone. His day job is chief systems architect for Oak Leaf Waste Management in East Hartford, Conn., where he fo...
Which ones would you want on your e-reader?
As the dust settles from the launch of the Apple iPad -- a device that looks rather like an oversized iPod Touch -- reaction is mixed. Apple fan boys are no doubt already champing at the bit, but others aren't so sure; after all, this isn't an iPhone...
Would the Java community thrive as well under Oracle's control as it did under Sun Microsystems'? Vendors of Java products seem split about the question.
A decade after the Y2K crisis, date changes still pose technology problems, making some security software upgrades difficult and locking millions of bank ATM users out of their accounts.
It's hard to believe that 10 years have passed since the dreaded Millennium Bug put fear into the hearts of technology specialists, software developers, business executives, and legal departments everywhere.
The Great Recession cast a shadow on all sectors of the economy in 2009. IT fared better than most, however, and the slump did not curb the dynamic nature of the industry. Acquisitions among big vendors continued to reshape the market, operating-syst...
Let's say that you're a software developer who has created a hot new application for smartphones that you're certain is about to take the world by storm. Your work isn't quite done and here's the problem: not only will your brilliant and innovative a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCPMO Coordinator- Prince2, Project financialsNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC