Rumors of an imminent Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) roll out have been blamed on a typo in an official Microsoft e-mail.
CodeGear Monday unveiled a set of plug-ins for open-source Eclipse development tools that the company said can be used to ease application performance, visual development and team collaboration challenges faced by Java developers.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is announcing plans to extend its CPU instruction set to make it easier for software developers to exploit the power of multi-core processors when building applications.
The British Broadcasting Corporation is under fire from Internet service providers over how its new multimedia player may cause an increase in demand for bandwidth, placing greater stresses on the infrastructure of ISP's.
Web server survey site Netcraft's recent report may have indicated Microsoft's IIS is gaining ground over the venerable open source Apache HTTP server, but version 7.0 is promising to take the challenge to the next level.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Growth in Internet traffic, especially from burgeoning video Web sites and peer-to-peer usage, will put more pressure on network managers to handle the explosion and on private sector investors, and they should be allowed to do so in unrestricted way...
The virtual appliance model could be a major threat to operating systems from major vendors such as Microsoft, says a cofounder of VMWare.
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Local businesses are wasting up to 50 percent of software development budgets because they lack the resources, tools and knowledge to conduct efficient software testing, according to market analysts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW