The virtual appliance model could be a major threat to operating systems from major vendors such as Microsoft, says a cofounder of VMWare.
Following up on its Spring 07 announcement that <a href="http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/21/Dell-Linux-machines-to-debut-Thursday_1.html">it will ship Inspiron notebook and desktops with the Linux OS</a>, Dell chose the <a href="http://www.inf...
Local businesses are wasting up to 50 percent of software development budgets because they lack the resources, tools and knowledge to conduct efficient software testing, according to market analysts.
Mozilla's CEO Thursday evening answered charges that the company is dropping development of the Thunderbird e-mail client because of its partnership with Google.
SugarCRM is to adopt version 3 of the GNU general public license (GPLv3) for the next release of its open-source CRM (customer relationship management) software after coming under pressure from its user community to move away from its own Sugar Publi...
It probably comes as no surprise that Google was selected as the number one development in e-commerce over the past 10 years by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), an industry trade group.
The blogosphere is buzzing about what some are calling the death of the page view following Nielsen/NetRating's announcement Tuesday that it would stop using the traditional measurement as its primary metric to compare Web sites.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Google launched a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday, almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
After several years of debate and more than 18 months of sometimes passionate public comments and revisions, the latest GNU General Public License Version 3 (GPLv3) software license will officially be released Friday by the Free Software Foundation (...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW