Microsoft will change how desktop search works in its Vista operating system by the end of the year, in response to an antitrust complaint by rival, Google, the company said in court documents released late Tuesday.
ThinkFree added offline support to its online application suite Tuesday and launched it as a US$7-a-month alternative to Microsoft Office.
It's hard to imagine the online ad market cooling off, but when it eventually does, companies that make their living from it would do well to have a back-up plan.
Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Microsoft has discontinued a line of digital photo software, saying that the functions can now be found in Windows Vista and other Microsoft software.
Google will add a presentation application to its Google Apps lineup by year-end, and possibly could add other applications to that suite.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW