Creative scientists have until next week to submit proposals for creating a shape-shifting military robot that can shrink and then reconfigure itself to normal height and shape.
Spotplex on Monday announced a new content-aggregation site that it said will provide Digg.com-like rankings of Internet content -- with a twist. Instead of requiring users to rank content, Spotplex will automatically rank it based on the number of p...
Google said Wednesday that it wants federal and state regulators to press Microsoft to make more changes to Windows Vista's desktop search and indexing tool.
Microsoft and IBM executives Wednesday admitted feeling heat from Google now that the Web search giant is trying to make inroads into the enterprise market with its hosted suite of communication and collaboration tools.
Microsoft will change how desktop search works in its Vista operating system by the end of the year, in response to an antitrust complaint by rival, Google, the company said in court documents released late Tuesday.
ThinkFree added offline support to its online application suite Tuesday and launched it as a US$7-a-month alternative to Microsoft Office.
It's hard to imagine the online ad market cooling off, but when it eventually does, companies that make their living from it would do well to have a back-up plan.
Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Consultant Commercial PricingVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW