Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Microsoft has discontinued a line of digital photo software, saying that the functions can now be found in Windows Vista and other Microsoft software.
Google will add a presentation application to its Google Apps lineup by year-end, and possibly could add other applications to that suite.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
A French television presenter has sued Microsoft for "violation of intellectual property". Philippe Gildas accused the software publisher of illegally using the trademark "Vista".
When it comes to Web 2.0 developer programs, eBay is tops, based on an Evans Data survey detailed this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Merry Christmas: Kogan donated $10K to support the open-source community
- Gmail iOS app gets better navigation, message handling on iPads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW