ThinkFree added offline support to its online application suite Tuesday and launched it as a US$7-a-month alternative to Microsoft Office.
It's hard to imagine the online ad market cooling off, but when it eventually does, companies that make their living from it would do well to have a back-up plan.
Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Microsoft has discontinued a line of digital photo software, saying that the functions can now be found in Windows Vista and other Microsoft software.
Google will add a presentation application to its Google Apps lineup by year-end, and possibly could add other applications to that suite.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- An inside look at Microsoft’s booming cloud business
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
- Infographic: Commercial drones by the numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC