Google has escalated its antitrust battle with Microsoft by questioning its rival's promised changes to Windows Vista search and asking a US federal judge to extend oversight to make sure Microsoft follows through.
Creative scientists have until next week to submit proposals for creating a shape-shifting military robot that can shrink and then reconfigure itself to normal height and shape.
Spotplex on Monday announced a new content-aggregation site that it said will provide Digg.com-like rankings of Internet content -- with a twist. Instead of requiring users to rank content, Spotplex will automatically rank it based on the number of p...
Google said Wednesday that it wants federal and state regulators to press Microsoft to make more changes to Windows Vista's desktop search and indexing tool.
Microsoft and IBM executives Wednesday admitted feeling heat from Google now that the Web search giant is trying to make inroads into the enterprise market with its hosted suite of communication and collaboration tools.
Microsoft will change how desktop search works in its Vista operating system by the end of the year, in response to an antitrust complaint by rival, Google, the company said in court documents released late Tuesday.
ThinkFree added offline support to its online application suite Tuesday and launched it as a US$7-a-month alternative to Microsoft Office.
It's hard to imagine the online ad market cooling off, but when it eventually does, companies that make their living from it would do well to have a back-up plan.
Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT