Although virtual environments are still at an early stage in development and adoption, many companies are already dabbling in one or more virtual worlds or closely observing them prior to getting their feet wet.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Microsoft has discontinued a line of digital photo software, saying that the functions can now be found in Windows Vista and other Microsoft software.
Google will add a presentation application to its Google Apps lineup by year-end, and possibly could add other applications to that suite.
The Church of England is calling on Sony Computer Entertainment to apologize for using one of its churches as the scene for a gory firefight in its PlayStation 3 game "Resistance -- Fall of Man."
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
A French television presenter has sued Microsoft for "violation of intellectual property". Philippe Gildas accused the software publisher of illegally using the trademark "Vista".
When it comes to Web 2.0 developer programs, eBay is tops, based on an Evans Data survey detailed this week.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTIMO Change Manager - EclipseNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW