Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
The next version of Apple's OS X – dubbed OS X 10.10 – has been spotted in web analytics reports, suggesting that Apple is already working on the operating system that will succeed Apple's new OS X Mavericks.
Microsoft's Windows 8 woes continue, as the 8.1 OS update for Windows RT remains offline days after technical problems forced the vendor to pull it from the Windows Store.
In the fiercely competitive world of Internet services, Google constantly seeks ways to speed up the delivery of content to its hundreds of millions of users.
Microsoft has pulled Windows RT 8.1 from the Windows Store due to unspecified technical problems.
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
Intel, whose chips have long gone into PCs, servers and mobile devices, has begun chasing the market for the so-called "Internet of things" with new low-power chips and software for connected devices and data-gathering instruments.
It was 30 years ago today -- which is to say Sept. 27, 1983 -- that the seeds were planted for both Linux and the open source software movement, though neither is called that name by the man who help set both of them into motion, the irascible Richar...
Microsoft wants to help Web application framework developers tackle one of their thorniest problems, that of testing their libraries to ensure they work correctly across today's dizzying combination of available browsers and operating systems (OSes).
While Oracle CEO Larry Ellison focuses his attention on the America's Cup sailing race, Oracle is rushing to keep up in another race, the one to get its Java SE (Standard Edition) in the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
- Google buys maker of fascinating, creepy robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Support Officer (Project Scheduler)WA
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCSOA -Solution Architect -baselineACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW