Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
The next version of Apple's OS X – dubbed OS X 10.10 – has been spotted in web analytics reports, suggesting that Apple is already working on the operating system that will succeed Apple's new OS X Mavericks.
Microsoft's Windows 8 woes continue, as the 8.1 OS update for Windows RT remains offline days after technical problems forced the vendor to pull it from the Windows Store.
In the fiercely competitive world of Internet services, Google constantly seeks ways to speed up the delivery of content to its hundreds of millions of users.
Microsoft has pulled Windows RT 8.1 from the Windows Store due to unspecified technical problems.
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
Intel, whose chips have long gone into PCs, servers and mobile devices, has begun chasing the market for the so-called "Internet of things" with new low-power chips and software for connected devices and data-gathering instruments.
It was 30 years ago today -- which is to say Sept. 27, 1983 -- that the seeds were planted for both Linux and the open source software movement, though neither is called that name by the man who help set both of them into motion, the irascible Richar...
Microsoft wants to help Web application framework developers tackle one of their thorniest problems, that of testing their libraries to ensure they work correctly across today's dizzying combination of available browsers and operating systems (OSes).
While Oracle CEO Larry Ellison focuses his attention on the America's Cup sailing race, Oracle is rushing to keep up in another race, the one to get its Java SE (Standard Edition) in the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW