Mozilla late Wednesday unveiled the second release candidate of Firefox 3.0 and said all of the issues that remain are on the server or site side, not in the application itself.
A slew of search companies have been formed over the years to be a "Google killer," no matter how they described themselves. But many of the start-up companies barely caused a ripple in the technology blogosphere.
With multi-core processors becoming a preferred method for building more powerful computers, Microsoft anticipates that a key trend for the future of application development will be accommodating parallel systems.
Improvements in processing speeds, storage space and wireless broadband will drive a new revolution in information technology, but software makers face several challenges in their efforts to keep up, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Tuesday.
Yahoo announced the public release Wednesday of a new Address Book application programming interface (API) that enables developers to build new applications by using the address books behind Yahoo Messenger, Go, Mail and others.
Curl, maker of a framework for building rich Internet applications, said Tuesday that it is now supporting Macintosh environments, citing "rapidly increasing penetration" of the platform in enterprises.
Microsoft will release test versions of some forthcoming Web-development tools, as well as clarify its strategy for adding application-modeling to its software portfolio, at its TechEd Developers conference this week.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has narrowed the release window for the second beta version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to sometime in August.
It's fitting that Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates delivered his final publicly scheduled speech as a full-time Microsoft employee on Tuesday to a roomful of software developers.
National ISP Internode has launched an Australian mirror of the SourceForge open source software repository and development portal.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTPega DeveloperVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- TPICT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCHelpdesk/Desktop supportVIC
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- CCTest Analyst - Mid/Junior levelVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW