Yahoo announced the public release Wednesday of a new Address Book application programming interface (API) that enables developers to build new applications by using the address books behind Yahoo Messenger, Go, Mail and others.
Curl, maker of a framework for building rich Internet applications, said Tuesday that it is now supporting Macintosh environments, citing "rapidly increasing penetration" of the platform in enterprises.
Microsoft will release test versions of some forthcoming Web-development tools, as well as clarify its strategy for adding application-modeling to its software portfolio, at its TechEd Developers conference this week.
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates has narrowed the release window for the second beta version of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to sometime in August.
It's fitting that Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates delivered his final publicly scheduled speech as a full-time Microsoft employee on Tuesday to a roomful of software developers.
National ISP Internode has launched an Australian mirror of the SourceForge open source software repository and development portal.
Adobe's Acrobat software has evolved beyond merely reading Adobe's Portable Document Format files. With the new Acrobat 9, Adobe adds features that elevate Acrobat to a potential must-have application for business and individuals alike.
Adobe this week is set to unveil the next version of its Adobe Acrobat software, which adds support for the company's Flash multimedia technology. The company also plans to launch a new Web site offering users free hosted services for document creati...
Suppose you were developing software that would run about 50 to 60 operational tasks simultaneously, including the management of multiple mechanical and digital devices. That'd be reasonably complex. Now consider that any time a task stumbled, the so...
Facebook is releasing as open-source software parts of its application development platform in order to make it easier for programmers to create applications for the social-networking site, the company announced Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia